Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
fighter stats EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
fighter stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
fighter stats EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
fighter stats EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
fighter stats EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
fighter stats EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
fighter stats EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
fighter stats EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
fighter stats EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

fighter stats

5 posters

Go down

fighter stats Empty fighter stats

Post  nyth Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:40 pm

I am looking to make a fighter, that will do high dps. I am wondering what the best beginning dex would be, if im wat to focus on dps more than ac. I really dont like searching the ddo forums becuase i have trouble finding things, usually takes me 20min to find one little thing... or i might make a paladin if i can find out the optimum stats, i really dont want another gimp. Any opinions greatly appreciated.
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

fighter stats Empty Re: fighter stats

Post  luciea Fri Jan 23, 2009 6:17 pm

Here's my opinion, but I'd be interested to see what Grim and some of the other tanks have to say.

If you're going dps, I wouldn't have a dex any higher than what I could get an ac bonus for. A 12 to get the +1 for full plate ac. If you're gonna make a dorf, you can raise dex later with items and you can use AP to increase the max dex bonus on your gear.

If you're gonna do a str based ranger or a barb, I'd still stick with the 12 and use items to get higher dex bonuses later.

I'd max str if I was going to make a dps tank. Then I'd raise con pretty high. Dex no higher than 12. Cha is your dump stat. Don't put a point in it. Don't go negative on wisdom or you'll be every caster's bitch. Go at least 10 on wis. Don't go less than 10 on int either as you'll need your skill points for intimidate to keep agro.

There are 2 schools of thought for melee damage. You can go 2handed or 2weapon. They both have their merits and I have toons that do both. You can't really go wrong either way, but whichever you choose, take advantage of feats and APs.

If you're thinking 2weapon, do a str based ranger and get 6 lvls real quick to get the Tempest build. Then take a couple lvls of fighter for bonus feats and take the rest as a ranger so you can cast ram's might and barkskin on yourself.

Everyone who does 2handed does a barb, but I went with a fighter because I like to do things a bit differently. And, as long as you're having fun, there are no wrong answers! Smile
luciea
luciea
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:33 pm

ty that information was very helpful, think im ready to make one and see what happens.
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  luciea Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:06 pm

Ok buddy. GL. And, if you have any questions, just ask any of us in game or on the boards! Smile
luciea
luciea
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimwald Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:13 pm

luciea wrote:Here's my opinion, but I'd be interested to see what Grim and some of the other tanks have to say.

Well said. Think you make a great tanker. I like strenght melee verse dex type.
Grimwald
Grimwald
Forum Citizen
Forum Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:55 pm

High dex fighting requires finesse and then it requires certain weapons. If you want to be dps this is not the way to go as mentioned. I hate to say it but nothing can top a barbarian twf/thf while raged. Some popular multi class are 12 fighter 4 pally. fear immunity and cha modifier added to saves.

There will be capstones for those who stay pure class which remain to be tested. Also as you have mentioned the kensai path is coming. Good luck see you out there. Look for Dadde Warbuxxx stormreaches newest cleric. Beware however, he doesnt feel bad about letting people die! Evil or Very Mad

P.S Picks are an amazing weapon. If you can find say an icy burst heavy pick of maiming youll see huge number bursts on crits. The high crit range is a big draw back which is diminished by barbarian crit range. The bonus to this is you dont have to take the khopesh or bastard feat to use em. Also if you off hand a light pick you dont need oversized twf feat either. My barb is able to switch between thf/twf as the situation calls for it. I was able to throw the power attack feat in which at end game isnt all that noticable and adds 5 to 10 damage to every attack. I never like all my eggs in one basket!!
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Smackim Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:04 pm

Just some quick thoughts, DPS doesn't always lead to the highest kill count. I've had a high strength fighter with TWF (Sauul) and he was good (even if he was only a 28 build). Then I made a finesse Ranger with TWF and a Tempest (Snufff). Because his bonus to attack is so high he is hitting all the time and has a 30% critical range. When using a smiter, disrupter, bannisher or puncturing/wounding rapier because I hit so frequently and crit frequently Snufff can kill pretty well.

I've also run with Sneaky when he went way of the assassin. Although he could never be the lead fighter when he attacks a monster that is being attacked he could get some pretty high numbers (finding the same with my Ranger/Rogue).

I may have to try a Barb with high DPS to get a fair comparison between all. One advantage of Barbs is their ability to be the lead tank (lots of HP and good damage). That said I ran Tor with three rangers (Hyrin's, Bedunk and Snufff). All of us were finesse and have favored enemy as giants. We only had one Cleric and ripped through it faster and easier then I've ever seen. I couldn't get to the giants fast enough at times they were dropping so fast.

Sorry for all of the random thoughts. Good luck with the Barb. Keep me posted on how he is doing and what your stats are. I agree about the dex part. Unless you go uber AC, I think AC is way over rated and DPS is always the way to go.

Smackim

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:58 pm

i decided to make a str based ranger, but i only got him to lvl 4 and started to miss hgih ac (not that he was bad, he was actually pretty good).

so i made another monk, who is now lvl 8 and can be buffed up to 49 ac. Smile
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down