Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild?

Go down

A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild? Empty A Guide to Guild Life in Storm Shadow :) / State of the Guild?

Post  Morrek Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:45 pm

Hey All,

Had some thoughts that I thought might be helpful to members of the Guild, especially those new to the Guild and the game. I'm not saying any of this is gospel, but just some of my feelings about being in this Guild and how I approach my participation in the guild and the game. I'm sure others will have different thoughts and would invite everyone to chime in.

There are many different types of guilds in this game. I think we have all seen examples of some of these... power raiders, casuals, min/maxers, perma death, RP, etc... These styles draw different types of people to them. I think it is probably fairly common for someone new to the game to join more than one guild before they find the style they like.

So the question is....... What type of guild is Storm Shadow? What makes us tick?

My view of Storm Shadow is pretty straight forward. I think we are a group of mature players who have average to very good skills within the game. We all tend to get along fairly well and appreciate each other for the social interaction within the game. One important attribute that I think alot of the veteran members have is independence. I think almost all of us prefer to group as a guild as much as possible, but there are times where we like to solo or pug as well. I know some of you are thinking PUG! aaaagh I can't stand it... but to be honest PUG's can be a refreshing change of pace. Some of my favorite moments in game are when things go bad Smile

I guess my point in all that was never feel expected to solely group guild or feel slighted if a guild group isn't avaiable to play in. I know there are times when I get on looking forward to grouping with guildies, but everything is full of not at the level I want to play at. The flip side of the coin is that sometimes I get on and only have a little time to play, or have a specific goal in mind and will politely decline a guild run. I don't want anyone to feel slighted by these times.

Some helpful thoughts for newer members:

- It takes awhile but try to keep some characters evenly spaced among levels. This will give you a greater opportunity to be involved with whatever might be going on at that time.
- Make a short list of current goals (what type of favor, quest, or special loot) you are currently looking for and watch lfm's for opportunities if no one in the guild is interested in doing one of them at that moment. After awhile you will recognize enough names to know which groups will be good and which will be a train wreck Smile

- Post something on the forums. Not everyone uses the forums (although it would be great if they did), but it may help you coordinate a group to run something specific.

A few random thoughts as the Guild Leader....

- Always keep an eye out for good players in PUG's. Storm Shadow is about quality, but a little quantity never hurts either. We never want to be a numbers guild, but slow growth is a good thing. Some folks will leave for real life reasons and some will leave for another style of guild or a different game.... a guild can shrink quickly without new members to take their place. If you group with someone unguilded who you think might be a good fit don't hesitate to add them to your friends list and tell them if they are interested in joining you would be willing to invite them to a run with guildies to see how they like it. We have plenty of officers who can invite them.

- This one is geared more towards veterans. Please try to be as helpful as possible to our newer members. 99% of the time we all are I know, but when we have new players or players returning after a long break they will not have our knowledge. Part of the advantage of being in a guild is the sharing of knowledge. I think this is one of the things that Storm Shadow is best at. We all have our moments though so try to keep it in mind. I know personally I have not been as helpful as I could have been at times. We have some people in this guild who go above and beyond to help their fellow members and that is something we should all strive to do.

- Let's remember to maintain a positive reputation of our Guild in non-guild groups. I think we really do a pretty good job of this now. I think we treat non-guild group members very well and are considered a friendly guild to group with. I want to keep it that way. Nothing in this game is important enough to purposefully create bad feelings with anyone (even Korthos Army Smile btw if you haven't read it http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=233416 it appears that they are trying a new approach to their guild so things may improve.

This whole long winded post is not being driven by anything specific. It's just a bunch of things I wanted to address and get out there.

I'm always available via pm or email if you have a guild issue or suggestions. It may take a few days to get back to you, but I will respond.

Thanks,
Olen/Morrek/Xorrek/Beram/Venificus/Jeram/Erul/Rorrek/Stringman/Terram and some mules you don't care about Smile
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum