Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF

5 posters

Go down

Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF Empty Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF

Post  Smackim Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:36 am

OK so I've been reading about all the uproar on nerfing TWF/Rangers on the Lamania board. I decided to do a little testing of my own. I took Smackim out to the Refuge to beat on the portal (on argo server and then lamania). I wanted a fair trial on each so the only buff I used was Ram's Might. Also to make it as even as possible I used a pair of Holy Metalline Dwarven Axes (no greensteele).

In Argo it took an average of 2:44. In lamania it took an average of 3.27. Using Argo as the base it took 26% longer to bring down the portal in Lamania. That is a huge difference. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but since the HP's of the portal are static ultimately the slower attack speed in Lamania equates to a 26% loss in DPS (yes I know in dungeons there are many other factors involved).

Here are some threads on what some others are calculating/experiecing:

Here is the most concerning post, scroll down to the bottom of the page to where it shows a DPS comparison chart.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=253462&page=3

Scroll down to the third post below to see how Tempest is losing more attacks per minute then Palys and Fighters.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=252913

In the thread below others did the same test I did. None of them had the variance that I had. Not a good sign for Tempests.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=253248

A very good thread below on how the nerf affects various builds and a good post on Double Strike

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=252518

So they nerfed my Tempest Dex build a while back, Now they are nerfing my Tempest III and my Rogue/Tempest. Time to start buying +3 Hearts of Lessor Reincarnate and make all my melee toons Palidins and make my Rogues pure(only takes 7 hearts to completely change each toon). While I wait a couple of months to play them I still have my Sorcerers.

Smackim

Back to top Go down

Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF Empty Re: Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF

Post  Morrek Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:25 am

what is even of my concern is that the there has been discussion that even the portals on Lammania have lower HP....

THF also got shafted with the loss of glancing blows while moving.

Gotta love "balancing"
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:12 am

Smackim wrote:OK so I've been reading about all the uproar on nerfing TWF/Rangers on the Lamania board. I decided to do a little testing of my own. I took Smackim out to the Refuge to beat on the portal (on argo server and then lamania). I wanted a fair trial on each so the only buff I used was Ram's Might. Also to make it as even as possible I used a pair of Holy Metalline Dwarven Axes (no greensteele).

In Argo it took an average of 2:44. In lamania it took an average of 3.27. Using Argo as the base it took 26% longer to bring down the portal in Lamania. That is a huge difference. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but since the HP's of the portal are static ultimately the slower attack speed in Lamania equates to a 26% loss in DPS (yes I know in dungeons there are many other factors involved). /snip

Quick question do you have GTWF? The loss is expected to be around 20% DPS if you dont. Thats what me hears anyway. Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF Icon_question
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Smackim Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:05 pm

Since I am a Tempest III I get GTWF at level 11, so yes I have it. If you look at Lamania as the base the difference is 20% (because laminia took longer). I used Argo as the base since that is what we are moving from.

Smackim

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:19 pm

Smackim wrote:Since I am a Tempest III I get GTWF at level 11, so yes I have it. If you look at Lamania as the base the difference is 20% (because laminia took longer). I used Argo as the base since that is what we are moving from.

Wait dont you have to be lvl 18 to be tempest III? I thoguht the ranger got twf and itwf? Not sure cause the only ranger i have amongst my characters is only lvl 6. Perhaps you mean at lvl 12 ranger gets gtwf?

To be honest the most hurt by the changes are rogues who arguably needed the most help. Most of my characters use twf im not too happy about this and if lag doesn't improve ill be even more disillusioned with Turbine.
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post  Smackim Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Going off the compendium they get ITWF at 6 and GTWF at 11. Smackim has 18 levels of ranger and 2 fighter so I made him a Temp III.

Check out the DPS chart I linked in the first link. It shows Rogues using a min II as one of the best DPS characters. I'm sure that is getting all of their backstabbing bonus but still nice.

Smackim

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:58 pm

This will make me lean toward SWTOR when it comes out. I hate the fact that they keep taking things away and not really giving back. Turbine is really going to shit.
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001501694253

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:18 am

Franzonator wrote:This will make me lean toward SWTOR when it comes out. I hate the fact that they keep taking things away and not really giving back. Turbine is really going to shit.

A lil break might not be so bad. Ive been flying internet spaceships with Grim. In fact Anxious Al's salvage and surplus is looking for pilots. Hit me up on subspace if you decide to join the Naval fleet academy. I suppose a caldari missile slinging shield sissie would be ok too.

eveonline.com

Ill be around a bit to check out the update and help with guild rank and airship. Any ideas how we raise this guild level and rank? Is it guild runs or raids? Some info on this would be appreciated. /sry thread jack Lamania Testing for Tempest TWF Icon_neutral
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:32 am

To be fair, that is a little on the low side (you are correct sir), however its 6% lower than it should be.
Are you tempest 3 For sake of the double hit 10%?
It SHOULD BE, that your on hand is 110%, and your off is 85%...
The funny thing is, your still counting the number of procs. If at all possible i would take 2 runs in argo, and test 3, if not more runs in lama land, because its still a variation of percentages.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Smackim Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:14 pm

Strype, I plan on retesting. My original run was 2 on Argo and 2 on lama. I'm also going to test with GS weapons or Greater Construct Bain to see if either minimizes the difference. In the end I'll run about 12 tests total.

Smackim

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:46 pm

Smackim wrote:Strype, I plan on retesting. My original run was 2 on Argo and 2 on lama. I'm also going to test with GS weapons or Greater Construct Bain to see if either minimizes the difference. In the end I'll run about 12 tests total.
Good man. From what I've seen yea, its still looking like its more of a nerf than it should be, mathmaticly......
but...
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down