Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Renown Guild Leader Board EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Renown Guild Leader Board EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Renown Guild Leader Board EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Renown Guild Leader Board EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Renown Guild Leader Board EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Renown Guild Leader Board EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Renown Guild Leader Board EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Renown Guild Leader Board EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Renown Guild Leader Board EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Renown Guild Leader Board

4 posters

Go down

Renown Guild Leader Board Empty Renown Guild Leader Board

Post  Smackim Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:31 pm

Hey, we are doing pretty good with our guild renown. Right now we are on the first page for the Argo server list (around 21). So forget the Metalline of Pure good weapons, +2 tomes, +5 Holy Burst Axiomatic Metalline Pure Good Vorpal of Greater Everything Bane, take the 50 renown token. OK you know I'm joking there, but keep pulling those 1000's. Last night I think we pulled 3 or 4 doing 3 quests out in Amarath (on casual).

http://my.ddo.com/leaderboard/guild/

Last thought which we will need to discuss as a guild but the more players you have in your guild the faster renown decays (from what I have read). Also at higher levels of renown it decays faster (again from what I have read on the forums). If there are players that are inactive for 6 months or more what should we do? Personally both of my mules are not guilded since they won't add anything to renown. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.

Smackim

Back to top Go down

Renown Guild Leader Board Empty Re: Renown Guild Leader Board

Post  Fayyth Tue Jul 06, 2010 7:37 pm

I was just saying this to someone last night. I think we need to clean up the member list since small guilds don't decay as fast. If they haven't logged on in 4 months or more (a few exceptions of course), then I say they need to go. Smile I can also take some of my alts out of the guild since I'm not running them right now. I will re-add once I decide to work on them.
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Agreed, although from what I read it's only supposed to decay based on active accounts. We are due for a purge anyway though. I will post something regarding toons older than 6 months
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:36 am

It looks like guild size definitely matters. Some of the top guilds only have 50-100 members. We are sitting in the 550 range and think we need to cull this herd. Tonight im logging in and removing my mules from the guild. I suggest yall do the same. We need to get on this we are about to be taken off the first page Renown Guild Leader Board Icon_exclaim Renown Guild Leader Board Icon_exclaim Renown Guild Leader Board Icon_exclaim
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:23 pm

To be clear the devs have stated that the decay will be based on active accounts. Removing mules should have zero impact.

We are going to remove inactive toons over 6 months old... no exceptions. Hopefully if any Guildies who have been gone that long come back they will contact someone to get re-invited.

I've seen some posts on the DDO forums about the amount of renown gotten at low level quests. I think to boost renown some of these Guilds are running low level quests repeatedly at or below level. People are zerging Korthos quests and getting as much or more renown that running higher level stuff.
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Pan wrote:It looks like guild size definitely matters. Some of the top guilds only have 50-100 members. We are sitting in the 550 range and think we need to cull this herd. Tonight im logging in and removing my mules from the guild. I suggest yall do the same. We need to get on this we are about to be taken off the first page Renown Guild Leader Board Icon_exclaim Renown Guild Leader Board Icon_exclaim Renown Guild Leader Board Icon_exclaim

we haven't even hit a decay point yet either. Decay does not start until lvl 25.
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Morrek wrote:To be clear the devs have stated that the decay will be based on active accounts. Removing mules should have zero impact. .

How is active determined? Devs say alot of things and have a recorded history of things "not working as intended"

I will say the drop rate seems the same no matter what level which is bad for high leveling. It takes much more time to complete high level quests than say harbor or inlet type lowb questing. Sounds like shroud might be the best place. lots of chests and raid sized run. We should farm this weekend.

we are back up a few spots on the first page but it would still be nice to cover some more ground. Renown Guild Leader Board Icon_exclaim
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Renown Guild Leader Board Empty Post from Dev MadFloyd Regarding Guild System

Post  Morrek Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:21 am

MadFloyd Renown Guild Leader Board User_offline
vbmenu_register("postmenu_3117791", true);

Developer
Renown Guild Leader Board Reputation_posRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_posRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_posRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_posRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_posRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_highposRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_highposRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_highposRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_highposRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_highposRenown Guild Leader Board Reputation_highpos

Renown Guild Leader Board Icon1

A quick response:

- We do owe you guys a dev diary explaining some of the mechanics. We intended to do this by launch of Update 5 and we're seriously behind. My apologies.

- Guild decay is based on number of accounts. Players, not characters.

- It was our original intention to only use the # of active accounts, but it wasn't implemented that way unfortunately. It proved to be a lot more difficult than we thought. I hope we can change this (for all the obvious reasons), but the truth is we simply don't know at this point and cannot promise anything.

- A large drop in decay occurred because of a bug. We've tweaked the rates to mitigate this until we issue a patch.

- We have a LOT of tweaking to do. Getting the balance on this isn't easy. As such we won't be releasing actual numbers (because they're going to keep changing for the forseeable future), but that doesn't mean we can't make the mechanics more transparent.

- The mechanics for small guilds aren't working correctly at the moment. Small guilds should be progressing much faster than we're seeing now. This will be addressed in a patch.

Thought I would post this here. Renown Decay will be based on Accounts. If there inactive accounts we will need to identify them and remove them.

I am going to get more aggressive on removing toons that haven't been played in awhile. Please log toons you want to keep. I will probably drop the cutoff to 3 or 4 months.
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down