Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Current State of the Guild EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Current State of the Guild EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Current State of the Guild EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Current State of the Guild EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Current State of the Guild EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Current State of the Guild EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Current State of the Guild EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Current State of the Guild EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Current State of the Guild EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Current State of the Guild

+5
Indel
Fayyth
Franzonator
Strype McClaine
Morrek
9 posters

Go down

Current State of the Guild Empty Current State of the Guild

Post  Morrek Thu May 05, 2011 10:11 am

U9 brought some interesting changes to the game. Unfortunately I think the overall focus of the game has changed and it has become more solo-centric for the lack of a better term.

It appears that we have a lull in Guild activity right now. I know several members have some RL things going on, and spring always reduces play level somewhat as the weather improves.

I've continued to update our forum guild listing and even put in a request to have us featured on the guild hall section of the eberron chronicle. One other thing I've done is add a guild recruitment blurb to the bio of some of my characters.

I would ask that we all spend a little time pugging at lower level to try and recruit some new players.

Most of us will continue to run together as often as possible so we really need to create a whole new tier to the Guild. We need a strata of newer players who will run together as well as run with the vets. If we can do this we will eventually end up with a whole new generation of Storm Shadow who will be interested in running raids and perhaps refreshing our perspective on the game as well.

I have enjoyed my time as Guild Leader. The last few months have been rough on my playtime due to RL issues, but I see light at the end of the tunnel here. I would like to continue in this role, but if anyone feels they can do more with this position to improve the overall health of the Guild I certainly am willing to discuss a leadership change. I'm not trying to create controversy or looking to step down, but I want to put the Guild first. I will continue to do whatever is needed to keep this Guild active.
Any suggestions or comments are certainly welcome.

Morrek
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Current State of the Guild Empty Re: Current State of the Guild

Post  Strype McClaine Fri May 06, 2011 1:48 am

I really feel the same on alot of these points boss. Not just U9, but alot of the changes since the f2p shift have caused alot of us to be verry solo-centric.

The TR system removes fun from the game at times, causes grind, causes people to miss level with their freinds.
I took the opportunity to take a freind to level up with me, a new player, as I level my tr. I really see this disparity it causes with a new charicter v. an old charicter. The old is a much more powerful, but forces it to work harder to level up, to keep up, and in many ways, discourages playing together, even with friends and guild. This is not a complaint, mearly an observation.

School is slacking up, and Nynth, faith, and my self will be back in more force, and that core will do us some good.
I have got two classes this summer, but beyond that will just be playing more, out of the nature of the time of year.

I always say, i want to use my title of raid leader more often, but often when i try to schedule a raid, or an event, it ends up, me, and two other people that may be on, often evass.

I worry about the changes to the game, and our long term stay in Ebberon. As it is my favorite campaign settings, and a damned cool universe, and in many ways, home to me, I'll keep an some interest in this game as long as the servers are online...even if I am not playing.

Your humble rogue,
~Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Mon May 09, 2011 11:28 pm

Thanks for leaving me out of the picture Strype, seems like you and I have gone our seperate ways and I have no clue why. What ever I have done to you is a mystery to me.

I graduate this Saturday, 14 May, and will be able to get back on and play more. I had to stop to focus on my last two classes to make sure I finished. I am burned out on school and can't wait to get it all done. Look forward to seeing all of you.

Franz
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001501694253

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Tue May 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Franzonator wrote:Thanks for leaving me out of the picture Strype, seems like you and I have gone our seperate ways and I have no clue why. What ever I have done to you is a mystery to me.

I graduate this Saturday, 14 May, and will be able to get back on and play more. I had to stop to focus on my last two classes to make sure I finished. I am burned out on school and can't wait to get it all done. Look forward to seeing all of you.

Franz

Guh, you know I didn't mean it all like that Franz. Im sorry mate, really.
I will be so glad to be done with school a little my self.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Tue May 10, 2011 6:19 pm

School is finally over this semester for me! YAY! Unfortunately, I still have a while until I graduate.

I just haven't felt like playing. The end of the school (my work) year is always rough on me. The kids are crazier and I'm so mentally exhausted when I get home, I just want to veg on the couch and watch tv or read a book. I have 11 more work days (thank the LORD!). I've also got a lot going on during weekends. This weekend I'm participating in Relay for Life all day Saturday. Next Thursday, I'm chaperoning the senior trip to Disneyland. 24 hour trip with a busload of kids and NO SLEEP! GAH! What was I thinking?!?! But I'll try to be on Saturday. I should be recovered by then. Wink My husband's work schedule has been crazy, so I try to spend as much time with him as I can on his days off. There's always something.

I'm also going to be out of state the entire month of June. I'm flying back to TN/KY to spend some time with my family. So I'm not going to be around much.

The game has also lost its appeal to me. It's just always the same thing over and over again. I think taking a break will be good for me. And yes, I know I've been on "break" this school semester, but I'm still not feeling it. The only reason I keep my subscription and play (once a week recently), is because of y'all. I consider the guild and the people I've met in game as my friends. Smile

Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Indel Wed May 11, 2011 8:19 pm

For what it's worth I think you're a great guild leader Morrek. I know that it is taking longer for me to get back to the game that I would have liked but some unfortunate RL events have kept me away. That and the phone company here has managed to flub my phone and internet installation at every turn.

At any rate, I hope to be back on soon.
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=10000056141601

Back to top Go down

Post  lansayel Tue May 31, 2011 1:30 pm

First let me say that the leadership of this guild is excellent and I have never had a complaint about being in this guild. Last Oct. my health took a turn for the worst and I had to take some time off. Even though it had been about 6 moths since i had joind the guild and started playing DDO. If it wasnt for this guild I would have never stuck with the game. Being recruited by Zee into the guild opened a whole new dimention to the game. For me it wasnt about playing the game as much as it was about getting with the guild. My health when I joined was pretty bad and it kept me in alot and the only socializing I got besides my wife and son was the guild. (Pretty pathetic, huh.) Anyway no more boo hoo for me, I just wanted to say that now that I am back I haven't got to pay much with the guild like I used to and really miss you all. I know now that since I accidently deleated Lansayel I wont be able to take part in alot of higher level stuff, at least till I decide wether or not to pay to get him back, but I am working hard to get my new sorc up there. Im loving the earth savant. Anyway I cant wait till you all get back. One more thing, my new job requires me to work 5 or 6 24hr shifts and some times I cant get the time to play but I also get 5 or 6 days od in a row and try to hit the game hard in those times. (Dispite the laments of my wife.)

Thanks for listening to the rants.

Lansayel
Budthe Wiser
Tyndel
Lanitha
And all the other Lan's

lansayel
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Tue May 31, 2011 8:39 pm

glad to hear your doing better Lan ... and welcome back. I running all levels right now so let me know and we can do some stuff. Olen will be TR'd shortly... maybe even tonight Smile
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Smackim Sun Jun 12, 2011 5:12 pm

I just happened to be in the neighborhood and thought I'd drop a line. Good to catch up with what is going on. Morrek, you've done a great job as guild leader. I was always happy with how you ran things. For me the biggest issue was all the changes in the game. When TR came along and everyone decided to go with the grind style I left my toons at or near 20 and preferred to raid/run high level stuff. I ran less and less with the guild and ultimately just lost taste for the game. RL started getting busier too as my kids are getting older and have more interest in sports. Now it's been so long since I've been a frequent player the game has almost no pull on me. Zee has kept me updated with many of the changes and now my toons probably wouldn't even be effective anymore (even with all the greensteele). I keep telling myself I'll log on at least one more time before I kill my account just to play with everyone and say goodbye, but due to various reasons I've just never had a chance. My account is still active so I may surprise a few people and jump on some weekend. I hope the guild continues to flourish.

Congrats Hanz on graduating, Happy Birthday Grim, Glad to hear your are out of school Pot hole (you know who I'm talking about), give Hyrin a hard time for me (old age jokes are always appropriate), tell Evass his real name doesn't have 25 syllables in it (I don't care how they pronounce it in French), Luciea no more Bea Arther jokes (I know you have a picture of her in a bikini), Strype are you ever going to graduate (maybe you already did and I missed it) and yes I'm fighting with a feather in my hand!!!

Good Luck all,
Smackim
Sauul
Aladrin
Slashh
Dreemweaver
and others....

Smackim

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:55 pm

Thanks Smack!!
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001501694253

Back to top Go down

Current State of the Guild Empty HEYA :)

Post  Ezzie Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:27 pm

HEYA Laughing

When I saw all (or several anyway) of my good buddies posting, I couldn't resist! Morrek you rock as a leader and a friend, and I'm glad to hear that the guild is still together. I'm not coming back to the game (so don't ask), but I did want to send all my love to you crazy people that stole my heart for so many different reasons. Take care of yourselves and may God bless you and your families Smile

Love ya, Ezzie (Mommadoc, Intervention, Blindsider, Shortstack, Glitterdust, Jazma, Hotflashes, Ezzmerelda) That old Guild Momma Smile

Ezzie
Forum Citizen
Forum Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:22 pm

Ezzie wrote:HEYA Laughing

When I saw all (or several anyway) of my good buddies posting, I couldn't resist! Morrek you rock as a leader and a friend, and I'm glad to hear that the guild is still together. I'm not coming back to the game (so don't ask), but I did want to send all my love to you crazy people that stole my heart for so many different reasons. Take care of yourselves and may God bless you and your families Smile

Love ya, Ezzie (Mommadoc, Intervention, Blindsider, Shortstack, Glitterdust, Jazma, Hotflashes, Ezzmerelda) That old Guild Momma Smile

What about Georgia peach?
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:26 am

Ezzie wrote:HEYA Laughing

I would be remiss in my duities If I did not say
"Awwweee, but momma, you should come back"
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down