Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Cannith Crafting 101 EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Cannith Crafting 101 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Cannith Crafting 101 EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Cannith Crafting 101 EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Cannith Crafting 101 EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Cannith Crafting 101 EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Cannith Crafting 101 EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Cannith Crafting 101 EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Cannith Crafting 101 EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Cannith Crafting 101

3 posters

Go down

Cannith Crafting 101 Empty Cannith Crafting 101

Post  Wingtail Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:34 pm

*Note please delete after a week or so once all have seen this. Also posted in the General forum so all can see it and it not be in the News section.*

House K/House C Crafting 101

So I've had a few peeps asking me about crafting in one of the two crafting halls to make their own items. As there is a bit of complexity to it, and I have done a fair bit of crafting I figured it would be god to help others get a head start to it instead of spending the time muddling through it and make the same mistakes that someone else already made and can be avoided with a little awareness. So I present to you my 101 guide to crafting. At the bottom I have a couple of links to crafting resources that are ideal when wanting to make a specific item. And also don't be afraid to hit me up in game if you need any help I am always willing to help.

First off there are two types of items you can craft, well technically three but I haven't tested the third yet. So the First is to craft items specifically for your own toons, this is the easiest to do and easiest to achieve. The second is crafting items for other people(friends, family, ect.) and for sale/auction. The third is a sub-section of the first and I'll explain it here in a sec and you'll see why.

Prepping Items/Creating Shards

First step to making a custom item is to make the shards to give the item abilities. Now each ability has an associated shard, from Dex+3 to Holy to Greater Combustion I. Each shard has an associated required crafting level. The better the shard, the higher your crafting level has to be. A Dex+1 shard is a lower crafting level than a Dex+6 shard. So before you can make that +6 shard you have to have muddled your way up through +1 to +5 first.

Now in order to make a shard you have to place Essences into a Shard Crafting Device in one of the Crafting halls. Each shard requires different essences. A Flaming Burst Shard is made from Fire essences for obvious reasons, same reason why an Icy Burst shard can't be made with Earth essences. The more powerful the shard, the more essences you will need. Low powered ones will use 10 while more powerful ones will use up to 80+. Now essences are gained in one of two ways: from chests or from deconstructing items, also essences come in two flavors: Greater and lesser. You will always find Greater essences in chests where the lesser ones come from trading in the greaters or be deconstructing items. All random loot can be deconstructed into essences and the type and quantity of essences are determined by the effect you are "crunching" ie: Flaming, Fire Shield, Combustion, ect., will give you fire essences. The more powerful the effect the more essences you gain.

Also when you are crunching items you can take the Enhancement modifier and turn it into an item. So if you got a +3 greataxe, you can crunch the item to get a +3 Enhancement spirit which you can use to make a +3 shard. In addition you need to prep items before you can put Shards to them. Any random loot can be prepped and this is done in the same way as you would to crunch essences. Instead you prep the item instead of taking essences from it.

Now in order to do all this you need to purchase a couple of ingredients from the vendors in the crafting halls. Liquid Knife Potion(For removing and creating the +X enhancements.), Dust of Disjunction(which preps items for crafting), Lorindas Ultimate Remover and Parfett's Leading Dissolver(both used for crunching essences from either the Prefix or the suffix(will go over this in a sec)). All crunching is done at a Deconstructing Altar, all Shards are made at one of two alters(Bound or Unbound), and then they are combined in another alter to make the items. Oh and also the more you craft, the more you gain crafting XP, the more crafting XP you get, the more powerful items you can make. Bound shards require lower levels than their un-bound equivalents.

Crafting Items

So you've made some shards and prepped some items. Now what do you do with them? Well You take a shard and pop it and the item into the Crafting altar and bingo you've got a new custom item. Simple eh? Well not quite. There are some basic rules. First is that you can only put one Prefix and one Suffix on an item. Flaming Burst(Prefix) Greataxe of Lesser Construct bane(Suffix). Sorry no hope for a Flaming Burst Metalline Maul of Smiting Lawful Outsider Bane. Also any bound shards used will make the newly made item Bind to Character. Unbound ones are simply unbound and can be traded and sold as wished.

Also each prepped item has a limit of (5) levels of effect adding to it. The more powerful the effect, higher the level of the effect and space it takes up. So in the above example: Flaming Burst(+4) and Lesser Construct(+1) would work however if it was Greater construct bane(+5) the items Craftable level would have to be increased to +9. In order to do this you have to craft shards which will increase the items crafting level allowance. A +6 Craft Level shard will increase the +5 normal to the +6. A +8 craft level shard will take the item from a +7 to a +8. And it has to be done in order. No jumping to a +9 crafting shard straight from a +5 base level.

Now the only way to get around the whole Binds to character of the lower level shards is one of two ways. Either get someone else to make you an Un-bound item, or increase your crafting levels to make an unbound one yourself. Or...... you make the Shards you want on your main crafter toon and then transfer the shards and the prepped item to the toon you want to have it and then get them to make the item themselves. This can be done cause the shards are bound to account and only bind to character when they are infused into an item.

Oh and also the Third thing I said I was going to talk about. There are some items that you get that become bound to account even if crafted with the bind to character shards. You get these items randomly from any chest and/or as end quest rewards from various quests/chains. The easiest chain to get them from as end rewards are the Sharn Syndicate. (See resources link below for details on this).

Additionally there are some effects that stay with an item even when is wiped for crafting. These effects are All metal modifiers (ie Adamantine, Silver, Ect.) and any Guild Augment slots.

Crafting Recommendations

Okay now that I think I covered most things here is my recommendations for crafting:

1)Pick a toon to be your Crafter. It takes a lot of work and time to gain high crafting levels and you want to make sure you spend all the time on one toon. Artys make the best due to their crafting bonuses they get but is by no means necessary as they can't craft anything that any other class can't.

2)Buy a small ingredient bag specifically for crafting. The 30 spots is just the perfect amount to store each type of Essence(Lesser and Greater), each type of item for crunching, and a stack of Kyber and Sibyrus Dragonshards(used for crafting shards).

3)To gain levels quicker craft items that give you the best XP for items used. The main goal to start is to make items to gain levels, craft whatever shards you want, after you craft them and get the XP you can then crunch them for some Essences back. Not all of them but at least recoup some.

4)You get XP for crunching items so Crunch as much of you can, of course this takes away from the money you get from selling things so make sure you have a bit saved up to pay for repair costs and such before being tapped for cash.(Trust me I speak from experience. Was on the verge of sending a Bug report for a glitch in repairing my items before I realized that it wasn't working cause I was broke. ;o)

5)Have fun. If you don't enjoy it don't bother crafting. Instead take all your essences you get from chests and give them to someone who does so they can gain the XP to make items for you that much sooner.

Resources

Suffix and Prefix List: http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting/Item_Deconstruction#Prefix

Overall Cannith Crafting things: http://ddowiki.com/page/Cannith_Crafting

Well hope this helps and if you have any questions then please ask, I swear I will only laugh at you in private. (kidding ;o)

-Wingtail

Wingtail
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Cannith Crafting 101 Empty Re: Cannith Crafting 101

Post  Morrek Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:37 am

nice write-up wing Smile
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader