Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
The History of Storm Shadow EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
The History of Storm Shadow EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
The History of Storm Shadow EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
The History of Storm Shadow EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
The History of Storm Shadow EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
The History of Storm Shadow EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
The History of Storm Shadow EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
The History of Storm Shadow EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
The History of Storm Shadow EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

The History of Storm Shadow

3 posters

Go down

The History of Storm Shadow Empty The History of Storm Shadow

Post  Ezzie Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:06 pm

As time goes on, the history of the guild, and it's original spirit, might be forgotten. I thought it might be nice to list the guild's heritage here.

First of all, the guild was started by Tandalar in the Spring of 2006. He named the guild Shadow Storm. There were only a few members in the guild at that time. Tandalar, Tanks, Red, Pic, Charm, Dblshot, Autloc, and Cas.

After Tandalar did not log on for awhile, the group decided to quit Shadow Storm and form a new guild where they could invite and promote others to officers (Tandalar joined this guild when logged back on). They named this guild Storm Shadow, and so Storm Shadow was born in August of 2006 on the Mabar server. Tanks loved to make up songs and would sing about ANYTHING....someone's name, their habits, and even the purple balls in Invaders. Red loved everyone in the guild, and asked about kids, family, work, and health. She really cared about the people in the guild and took the time to get to know them. Their numbers grew to include Strype, Alderan (and his girlfried - can't remember her toon's name), Valon (Bedunk), Utahna (Ezzie), Pan, Alaniya, Rimmer, Bubbaflex, Marzen, Texas, Zoract, Glassya, Morrek, and Grim (I'm sure I'm missing a few - please forgive me if I did). I set up the first guild website (it was a FrontPage deal) through 1and1.com. Tanks needed surgery on his arm several times and finally, it became too difficult for him to play. He and Red decided to switch to LOTRO, and he passed the role of guild leader to me (Ezzie).

I was guild leader for about a year, and during that time our numbers continued to grow. I maintained the casual spirit that was Storm Shadow's nature by not instituting rules or requirements. As far as "guild rules" were concerned, we only had these: 1) Never follow Red, or Ezzie, or Tzunami (unless you wanted to get lost), 2) Adults only, mics preferred, 3) Need before greed, and 4) Ezzie has many buttons, push as many as you can (thanks a LOT Texas)!!! Since I was guild leader, it was my job to promote people to officer. In general, I would not promote someone until either I personally ran with that person a couple of times OR another officer had run with them enough to vouch for them. Around this time, Morrek saved me from going insane by taking the website over (God bless you, Morrek!!) and really turned it into a beautiful, useful tool for the guild. I usually organized the raids (for no other reason than no one else was - anyone could do it), and I always took this job seriously. I wanted the investment of time to be successful, and I always felt that people were counting on me to do a good job.

In January of last year, I decided that I needed to step away from the game. It was taking up too much of my time, and I knew that it was an addiction I couldn't control. Before leaving, my husband and I had the "GREAT GIVEAWAY" at Ezzie's tree in the Necropolis. We went through our backpacks and gave out all the items. If no one wanted the item, it was sold. All the money from the unwanted items was used to create the first CLERIC FUND. Pan was chosen to hold onto the money, because his bard had the highest haggle skill of anyone's toon at that time. I passed the leadership of the guild to Dblshot. When he was promoted, he laughed, saying, "I went to bed a pauper and woke up a KING!" Dblshot is one of the sweetest, most generous people in our guild (closely matched by Hyrin), and I don't know anyone that doesn't love him. At some point during my break, Dblshot passed the leadership of the guild to Piccalo. Piccalo knows this game inside out, and he would do anything for anyone. He's quiet (until you get him talking about conspiracies Razz ), and he usually hops on and PUGS.

More than anything, I hope Storm Shadow continues on as guild of friends who love to laugh and spend time together. Play hard, laugh often, sleep well, and God bless! Ezzie

Ezzie
Forum Citizen
Forum Citizen

Back to top Go down

The History of Storm Shadow Empty Re: The History of Storm Shadow

Post  Franzonator Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:00 am

Ezzie I hope things are well with you and your family. You were gone for some time then came back on for awhile then just disabpeared. If you read please let us all know how you are doing.
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001501694253

Back to top Go down

Post  Erorgot Mon Dec 20, 2010 3:11 pm

We miss you Ezzie.... kinda instuled i was forgotten Razz hope life is treating you well and hope to see you eventually. you're greatly missed as mamma of storm shadow! i was part of storm shadow most of my teenage years and you guys all helped me through alot and helped me grow into the person i am today. Yesterday i came back and alot has changed but it still has the same feel it did before.

Erorgot
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down