Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Pop Ups and pop up blocker EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Pop Ups and pop up blocker EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Pop Ups and pop up blocker EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Pop Ups and pop up blocker EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Pop Ups and pop up blocker EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Pop Ups and pop up blocker EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Pop Ups and pop up blocker EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Pop Ups and pop up blocker EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Pop Ups and pop up blocker EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Pop Ups and pop up blocker

+2
Strype McClaine
luciea
6 posters

Go down

Pop Ups and pop up blocker Empty Pop Ups and pop up blocker

Post  luciea Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:07 pm

All,

If you don't already have it on, turn on pop up blocker. I turned it off on my work computer for business reasons and now I get up to 10 or sometimes even more pop ups from the SS forums. Just an FYI. On occasion, I can't close them fast enough!
luciea
luciea
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Pop Ups and pop up blocker Empty Re: Pop Ups and pop up blocker

Post  Strype McClaine Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:52 pm

I run firefox, and with adblock pluss, you dont have to worry about that sort of thing
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:30 pm

hmm i guess i've had it turned on all my systems becuase I've never gotten a pop-up. If it becomes a big hassle for someone I can spend some credits and disable all ads. The price is a little steep so I haven't bothered to do so yet.
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  luciea Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:45 pm

Don't you dare spend a dime! I don't have this problem at home. I'll just have to have pop up blocker on when I'm here at work to prevent the pop ups. Smile
luciea
luciea
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  aleoar Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:54 am

I run a business here in the UK as web marketing and online development. I would be more than happy to fund a server with some ad free forums and webspace. When I get some cash in I would even be happy to throw in a domian name.

So if this is something you might be interested in throw me ideas for a domian name and what sort of forums you like, we could throw up some phpbb or even a full joomla or e107 site this way we have more than forums at our disposal. of course importing all the info off here to the new forums would be a bit of a task unless there is some sort of transferr scriipt availible. with this being phpbb there will be lots of options providing I can get to the files I need to on here.

aleoar
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:43 pm

aleoar wrote:I run a business here in the UK as web marketing and online development. I would be more than happy to fund a server with some ad free forums and webspace. When I get some cash in I would even be happy to throw in a domian name.

So if this is something you might be interested in throw me ideas for a domian name and what sort of forums you like, we could throw up some phpbb or even a full joomla or e107 site this way we have more than forums at our disposal. of course importing all the info off here to the new forums would be a bit of a task unless there is some sort of transferr scriipt availible. with this being phpbb there will be lots of options providing I can get to the files I need to on here.

As much as I love this idea.
And I do.
With myddo getting better and better (still sucks for the moment, but give it more time), I wonder if we need to have separate sites any more, and if we can consolidate, or use the other in game tools more.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:24 am

aleoar wrote:I run a business here in the UK as web marketing and online development. I would be more than happy to fund a server with some ad free forums and webspace. When I get some cash in I would even be happy to throw in a domian name.

Thats a mighty fine offer. I think though this site works great for the time being. I am with morreck never had an ad pop I also use firefox like strype. Dont let me stop you but we use this site rather litely id hate for you to spend cash on something not used so much. Also the idea of luciea being attacked by pop up ads makes me laugh Pop Ups and pop up blocker Icon_biggrin
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  aleoar Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:33 am

Pan wrote:

Thats a mighty fine offer. I think though this site works great for the time being. I am with morreck never had an ad pop I also use firefox like strype. Dont let me stop you but we use this site rather litely id hate for you to spend cash on something not used so much. Also the idea of luciea being attacked by pop up ads makes me laugh Pop Ups and pop up blocker Icon_biggrin

yeah I have never found problems with pop ups here and guild sites are often not used to much, but the thought of someone else putting a hand in their pocket when I have this stuff for free and readily avaible doesn't sit well, so if pop ups are a problem or this site costs to run I would happily host it, I have a server in Denmark I could put it on and wouldn't cost me anything to do so. Like I sai dthe only cost would be a domian name for 2 years that would cost me £5 around $7 which I spend in the DDO store on a daily basis lol so not loss their.

aleoar
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Pan wrote:

Now that you say "being attacked by pop up ads..."
I see this in the literal since, luciea growls in rage, looking for his hockey stick and smashing pop ups as they apear in the real world floating above his monitor.

Its also worth saying, I am about half switched to google chrome, and I use a few multiple add blocker extensions, not quite as clean as in Firefox, but there are more .css add blockers like adSweep that are exellent.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Sat May 01, 2010 2:31 pm

All this geek speak has me confused. Smile

I use Firefox and I don't have a problem with popups.
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum