Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
And now I'm just in a bad mood....... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
And now I'm just in a bad mood....... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
And now I'm just in a bad mood....... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
And now I'm just in a bad mood....... EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
And now I'm just in a bad mood....... EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
And now I'm just in a bad mood....... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
And now I'm just in a bad mood....... EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
And now I'm just in a bad mood....... EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
And now I'm just in a bad mood....... EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

And now I'm just in a bad mood.......

4 posters

Go down

And now I'm just in a bad mood....... Empty And now I'm just in a bad mood.......

Post  Indel Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:29 am

Maybe it's just me, maybe my rogue is just having an off day (Personal problems at home...who knows) but I'm thinking that she was seriously dumbed down at the last update. I've never had an issue with her being able to go into the vale and assassinate just about anything in there and today I took her in there and couldn't get off a single assassinate to save my life (literally). She doesn't have the HP to go toe to toe with much of anything so the fact that she isn't pulling off assassinate the way she used to just means at this point I'll end up capping her out and TRing her into something different. (A limp thru to 20 I wasn't planning to make)

Anyone know if they are planning on giving the rogue class anything extra in the next update or is this class going to go the way of the dinosaurs?
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=10000056141601

Back to top Go down

And now I'm just in a bad mood....... Empty Re: And now I'm just in a bad mood.......

Post  Strype McClaine Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 am

Indel wrote:Maybe it's just me, maybe my rogue is just having an off day (Personal problems at home...who knows) but I'm thinking that she was seriously dumbed down at the last update. I've never had an issue with her being able to go into the vale and assassinate just about anything in there and today I took her in there and couldn't get off a single assassinate to save my life (literally). She doesn't have the HP to go toe to toe with much of anything so the fact that she isn't pulling off assassinate the way she used to just means at this point I'll end up capping her out and TRing her into something different. (A limp thru to 20 I wasn't planning to make)

Anyone know if they are planning on giving the rogue class anything extra in the next update or is this class going to go the way of the dinosaurs?

... Trust in that things are going to get better for rouges. I know it looks bad, but I seriously think they wont leave us in this bad of a shape.

They didn't change anything in the vale, but in the higher, harder, elite content they made it so, there is no good reason to bring us along
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

And now I'm just in a bad mood....... Empty Re: And now I'm just in a bad mood.......

Post  Wingtail Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:41 am

In a Developer interview one talked about updating Prestige Enhancments for the rogues so fingers crossed but believe me when I say that people are going to be in for a surprise if they think Rogues are becoming obsolete with Artys on the market. There will always be a call for Rogues du to the simple fact that they get evasion and Sneak attack damage is un-modified by DR. I don't know how many times I have out DPSed the tank on Harry in the shroud and every single time I am always yelling that the rogue shouldn't have the Aggro. ;o)

If you keep having issues with your assasin build ti might be better to switch enhancement lines until they fix it and don't TR unless you truly want to and not simply because you are having issues in Shroud on one night. ;o) Also remember that today has been pretty laggy all the way around so that could also have been the issue as well.

Wingtail
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Wingtail Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:44 am

Indel wrote: or is this class going to go the way of the dinosaurs?

Who says dinosaurs are gone? Do a internet search for Mokele Membe. And also remember all the sightings of Nessy or Champ or Ogopogo or many others. Too many sightings in too many locations to not have some sort of truth behind them. ;o)

Wingtail
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Indel Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:39 am

I'm not so sure that lag had much to do with it Wing. This was early morning and there wasn't much lag at that time. I can tell you for sure that something is different because even before the update it was rare that an assassinate failed for me and even when it did I still managed to do a lot of damge.

I'm not even sure that I want to go back and redo her enhancements at this point. It took a LR and a lot of trial and error for me to get her where she is (or was). I may just shelf her for now, I have 3 other toons ready for TR and made a few new lowbies to run with people rolling out Arties (Not to mention an Artie of my own that I'm working on). It mght just worth it to just wait and see what the next update brings.

I'm not really all that worried that Arties are going to take the place of rogues. I think it's the same concern a lot of peoplehad for clerics when favored Souls came out. Both classes have something different to bring to the table. I just hope they bring something to the rogues so we aren't considered obsolete.

And BTW wing I never said dinosaurs were gone just not seeing anyone taking one to the dog park for a Sunday stroll. Laughing
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:14 pm

Indel wrote:
I'm not really all that worried that Arties are going to take the place of rogues. I think it's the same concern a lot of peoplehad for clerics when favored Souls came out. Both classes have something different to bring to the table. I just hope they bring something to the rogues so we aren't considered obsolete.

Truth.
But after favored soul. Clerics had to get a bit of love (with the first two tiers of radiant).

For the moment, rogues are mostly (mostly) inferior.

I still love my rouges.
I am still a rouge.

But the fortification changes on super end game monsters need to be addressed.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:34 pm

I will only believe that the rogue class is useful again when they nertz the artie and fix what they took from the rogue.
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001501694253

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:04 pm

Franzonator wrote:I will only believe that the rogue class is useful again when they nertz the artie and fix what they took from the rogue.

Artificer does not need a nerf. It is right where it should be.

Rogue needs buffs.

Artificer just highlights that rouges need buffs.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Strype McClaine wrote:
Franzonator wrote:I will only believe that the rogue class is useful again when they nertz the artie and fix what they took from the rogue.

Artificer does not need a nerf. It is right where it should be.

Rogue needs buffs.

Artificer just highlights that rouges need buffs.

Sorry Strype this will be the first time I will have to disagree with you along with many others. The artificer is too powerful in many ways and needs to be brought down a notch. They do too much damage witht he crossbow and runes, so put a bunch together and you have a ballista of fire power taking everything down before they even get close.
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Indel Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:34 pm

I like the not getting close part. I'm not a touchy feely type to begin with. So far I like my artie. I would like to see my trap monkey get something extra though. I like her and I don't want my artie to replace her.
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:47 pm

Indel wrote:

I like the not getting close part. I'm not a touchy feely type to begin with. So far I like my artie. I would like to see my trap monkey get something extra though. I like her and I don't want my artie to replace her.

Indie if you are getting some touchy feely going on I don't think you are playing DDO. Laughing
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Indel Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:32 am

As far as you know Franz Laughing
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum