Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition)

2 posters

Go down

More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) Empty More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition)

Post  Strype McClaine Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:10 am

Just a few combinations I have been playing with, and the ideas that I have been thinking about....Note all Cleric weapons are also potential Druid Weapons (wisdom is the casting stat) so just replace cleric with druid if you like....

Sure Clerics stand around and heal, but lets face it, if a mob runs up to you....you swing at it, make sure it realized you arn't afk. You put a little smack in its face....so all the below weapons are multi-taskers. Some damage paired with a full casting weapon, so that you can keep doing it all baby.

Cleric Weapon 1 wrote:
Green Steel - Weapon of Choice

1. Acid 1d6
  2. Earth - Exceptional Wisdom +1
  3. Earth - Exceptional Wisdom +2
Granted Abilities: 2/Rest CR 12 Earth Elementals, Earthgrab (On-Hit chance, Reflex DC 35 negates, target helpless while held.)

The mace I made for Holy, and quite satisfied with how it looks and works. Talking with many tank/dps Charicters, dual weilding tripple acid weapons seems to be a near broken combo riveling its highly saught after cuson the mineral II. After much random conversation with shootz/luciea another interesting option presented itself...

Cleric Weapon 2 wrote:

1. Cold 1d6 -or- Water - Strength +6
  2. Water - Exceptional Wisdom +1
  3. Water - Exceptional Wisdom +2

Granted Abilities: 3/Rest Panacea, Crushing Wave (On-Hit chance, 30-40 Cold + 30-40 Bludgeon Damage every 2
seconds for 6 seconds)

This is a very interesting toy. You have a few clickies of "solve target problem", along with a weapon that on chance, can do 90-120 dammage to a portal (bludgeoning still dammages)...as far as budget badass is concerned worse things could be done, to make a cold-cold-cold weapon and take it for a walk with a tank....just ideas here folks...

Anthing that wisdom (earth or water) is the dominate aspect in, in t3 can be used for awesome casting power to aid the cleric....But the above options are for budget badasses, and not dual sharding...but if one WAS to dualshard....

• Negitive/Earth/Earth(dual) - would net you 2/ Rest Disentagration, and chance on hit disentagrate 500pt no save (take that portal) Best option on this list...
  • Fire/Water/ AirEarth (dual) - Would net you the below concentration bonus, and elemental mastery...kinda lame, but props.. I would single shard and just go fire water earth
  • Positive/Earth/Earth (dual) - Yes, you could make a Mineral II that gives you wisdom bonuses, but that also seems like a waste
  • Negitive/Water/Water (dual) - Horrid Wilting 2/Rest, and Carrosive Salt (4 ticks of 77 untyped dammage, aka 308 dammage..almost subpar compaired to the first option)

For my Caster brothers and sisters, I did not forget about you....

Wizarding Stick V. 1 wrote:
Green Steel - Weapon of Choice - Go for style points, since you wont be proff.

1. Water - Strength +6
  2. Fire - Exceptional Intelegence +1
  3. Fire/Negitive - Exceptional Intelegence +2

Granted Abilities: Increased Hardness and Durability, +7 Intimidate and Repair, +10 Concentration

This is an intresting approach I decided to mention, it is what I am makeing/working on for Robo, by forgoing the bonus at t3 and just upgradeing it with SOMETHING you can enjoy the fruits of haveing a +10 concentration item in your hand, in addition to repair/intimidate... this is intresting and worth noteing. Specialy if you dont care about being able to do dammage by swinging it around

Wizard Stick V.2 wrote:
Green Steel - Weapon of Choice - Go for style points, since you wont be proff.

1. Fire- +6 Dexterity -or- Fire Absorb 10%
  2. Fire- +1 Intelligence (Exceptional)
  3. Fire- +2 Dexterity (Exceptional)
Granted Abilities: Delayed Blast Fireball (3/day), Incineration (On hit, there is a chance of approx. 300 fire damage)

Off the top of my head, I can't think of many things other than the ocational flesh to stone'd creature you would care to smash your fists against. Fire/Negitive is just an inervation weapon...just use a dreamspitter (they are still easy to pull)....Tripple Negitve is no better, its just a chance of dc 30 slay living...

Some dual sharding options

• Air/Fire/Fire (dual)- 3/Rest Displacement - Perminate Blur...Not bad
  • Positive/Negitive/Negitive (dual) - Just make this your goggles. Realy.
  • Positive/Fire/Fire(dual) - Don't do it...Radience in the hands of a wizard is just...silly.

Sorcs...Your choices are ALOT more limited....
Tripple Air - Haste Clickies and Air Gaurd
Tripple Positive - True Res and G. Disruption....
Earth/Air/Air or Positive - +3 AC (deflection), +3 saves (resistance), +10 balance....

I hate to be short here, but no combo with a dominate Air is realy worth even concidering here.
Air Positive - Lightning strike = Best Option?
Air Water - Freezeing Ice = (limited paralizer)
Air Negitive - Trap the soul
Nothing with massive untyped dammage...

Bards...
This is sortof a tough one.... for a casting weapon, well, look above. You essentaly have the exact same options.
For a combat weapon? Well...take your pick of any of the combat weapons...I would lean to a holy-Cha-Cha pure positive weapon to have a disruptor AND a casting weapon in one...makeing it pull double duity....
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition) Empty Re: More Green Steel - Ideas and templets (Caster Weapon Edition)

Post  luciea Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:57 pm

Strype McClaine wrote:
Cleric Weapon 2 wrote:

1. Cold 1d6 -or- Water - Strength +6
  2. Water - Exceptional Wisdom +1
  3. Water - Exceptional Wisdom +2

Granted Abilities: 3/Rest Panacea, Crushing Wave (On-Hit chance, 30-40 Cold + 30-40 Bludgeon Damage every 2
seconds for 6 seconds)

Can you help me build this? I think it looks pretty effing sweet.
luciea
luciea
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum