Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

How to solo Elite Reaver Raid

Go down

How to solo Elite Reaver Raid Empty How to solo Elite Reaver Raid

Post  Ranadinn Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:49 pm

As far as I can tell, you must be an evasion build to solo the reaver in elite mode for a few reasons that will be expressed in this guide.

Although the reaver can be soloed by clerics, rangers, bards, and anyone with w/p and and alternate set of of high dps weapons, I'll mostly cover caster strategy beginning with buffs and spells to bring

Buffs:
all resistances/protections
GH
Stone skin
Blur & displace
Nightshield (force missiles)
Haste
(fireshield is optional)

Offense:
Acid fog
Firewall
Fireball
Cone of Cold
Scorching ray
Dancing Ball
Waves of exhaustion
(curse/crushing despair are optional)

After you've buffed yourself, run straight at the reaver and claim his home spot as your own with dancing ball and acid fog. Don't be affraid to firewall him, as you will not be able to do enough dmg to kill him before all the orbs are lit.
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid Reaver10_800x600

Once you've occupied the North side of the raid, displace yourself and keep hasted.
As soon as you get the mana buff, run counter clockwise around the perimeter of the raid, staying away from the center spikes at all times. Although he only starts reversing gravity after the 4th orb, things can get dicey if you accidently lose the buff from getting hit by charge again.

As you run around the edge, reaver will light up a few orbs and spawn some air eles. Keep running until the reaver loses aggo on you and you can kill the eles at your leisure because you have the buff and there's nothing they can do to you. I recommend fireball.cone of cold in the midst of firewall while you have the buff to do the most dmg as fast as possible.
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid Bugged10_800x600

Each time the elementals are dispatched, continue bashing the reaver in the north side of the raid. You will most likely encounter some eles without your buff on, but if you've prepped the north with diligence, they will die quickly enough/be caught in dancing balls. Priority 1 when you're on your back is you heal up until you are rebuffed by the reaver. so spam heal in case you get to your feet for a split second.

After time passes, you will have lit all of the orbs. Be mindful of when you get fly. you need exactly 1:40 to fly to the west switch and back down without being impaled. I only fly when I have 2:00 or more to be certain of success. When you are up in the spikes, you will be hit continually by "call lightning sorm".
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid The_ch10_800x600

i think it is to dissuade soloers because it doesn't happen in normal raids. anyhoo, you're awesome and there's nothing ddo can do to keep you down so fly to the switch and back down to the reaver.

you'll get fly again quickly so get up at about eye level to the reaver and keep him in a firewall. this is to keep yourself in range for the buff as well as just above any new eles that might spawn. scorch ray/fireball/cone of cold until the reaver has a crumb of health left.
the most crucial part of soloing the raid is to make sure you have 2:00 of buff the second reaver is dead. you can afford to spend the extra time to be sure of it.

once reaver is dead, head into the puzzle room and pay no heed to any eles that spawn. on solo runs there will ONLY be air eles that spawn. (another attack on soloers?) at any rate, you have 2:00 to complete the puzzle without any kind of interruption because you have the buff. i like to start with 3 blue and a blank because if you have a white it tells you exactly where the blue goes. and if you get nothing, it narrows it further for green.
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid Screen68_800x600

if you have any time on buff left once the puzzle is complete stand on the lip of the top of the ramp in the puzzle room to dispatch eles.
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid Lip10_800x600

enjoy the accomplishment! happy gaming
How to solo Elite Reaver Raid Screen67_800x600

Ranadinn
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum