Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Suggestions Anyone EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Suggestions Anyone EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Suggestions Anyone EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Suggestions Anyone EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Suggestions Anyone EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Suggestions Anyone EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Suggestions Anyone EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Suggestions Anyone EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Suggestions Anyone EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Suggestions Anyone

+3
Morrek
Pan
Zeeria
7 posters

Go down

Suggestions Anyone Empty Suggestions Anyone

Post  Zeeria Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:47 pm

I consider Stormreach my second home and Storm Shadow guildies my new family. Just wondering if any of you had some suggestions on how to better the guild and help it flourish. Suggestions Anyone Icon_question
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Anyone Empty Re: Suggestions Anyone

Post  Pan Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:26 pm

Zeeria wrote:I consider Stormreach my second home and Storm Shadow guildies my new family. Just wondering if any of you had some suggestions on how to better the guild and help it flourish. Suggestions Anyone Icon_question

Sorry i havent been on alot to run with yall. You could run lowbies there will be a lot of new folks who could use a friend and some help comin up in stormreach.
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:47 pm

Just having you in the Guild makes it better Zee! Smile

Try to help the new players in the game. You don't necessarily have to recruit them, but helping a new player out by answering a question or helping them through a quest improves Storm Shadow's reputation and gets us new members down the road. Im my opinion it is very important to represent ourselves well with the the whole DDO community Smile
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Suggestions Anyone Empty storm shadow

Post  Hyrin Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:20 am

Hello everyone,
Like all of us we become complacent wth everyday things and sometimes forget what's improtant There are times when I get bored with the game and times I feel I am not doing enough for the guild as leader of Storm Shadow. I myself have seen the number of raids and quests that we can complete as a guild have fallen. There is so much new content that I don't even know what they are,

I would like all of your input to help make this game fun for all, old and new players. I feel we need to start coming up with ideas to help all in the guild.

Example the plus 2 tome I put up for the raffle has put the cleric fund over 600k plt. and all it cost was 20k plt to have a chance to win it. you cant buy a plus 2 tome for that anyware.

we need everyones help to make this a strong and fun guild.

Thanks, Hyrin
Hyrin
Hyrin
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeeria Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:39 pm

Thank you so far for the suggestions guys and Morrek, your kind words. Would love to hear more and from others as well. Hyrin's idea of the +2 tome raffle for the cleric fund was perfect. And thank you Hyrin for the generous donation. You are an awesome leader! Suggestions Anyone Icon_king

Personally, I fell the need to reach out to the newer guildies we have invited recently. There is a Tempist Spine raid on Friday night that I hope many can join including Rezinath, Praxt and Soulheal (their highest toons are midbies). It would be great to spend some time to get to know them alittle better. I think this is what we were striving for after the active recruitment period. I have just been caught up with the fun content after the new Mod and have neglected them a bit.

Tempist Spine Raid is Friday 7pm PST. Lets have some FUN! Suggestions Anyone Icon_cheers
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Anytime a mod comes out the natural order of the game, well is seriously rattled.
It is a stressfull moment in the game for ALL guilds.

Each player asks what is most important for them.
Favor still?
take advantage of all the new players and groups and level a new character quickly?
Level quickly?

The game has still not equalized yet. Give it time, right now, just remember that we are all a family, stick together till the game balances back out.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:56 pm

I will admit im not really a reroller. I dread those middle lvls they can be so hard to get thru. Folks just dont run some of the content and pugging is always stressful. I love to jam thru new content too its most exciting. I do hope to get us into the Abbot and maybe even the new raid once we get those new quests down. I just tend to be a high lvl guy so thats where im gonna be most of the time.

I do have a confession to make though. I was intrigued by the idea of a new server. I logged on the first day to save my namesake. Lately for about an hour after I get home I log on to run Pan II on Cannith. The things I like are the new item sets. The loot folks get now is soooo much better than when I started so long ago. I also love the fact that you can leap into any quest on hard off the bat. It makes getting everything cleaned up as go so much quicker. The trade channel is alive and its really quite different how all the newbs are working it on Cannith.

I have noticed though that the new folks playing are a real mixed bag. Pugs are so terrible out there. The mix between veteran, newb, and noob is tough to stomach. I feel that we could really be of service to some folks who need a friend in this big city. I wouldnt be playing DDO if it wasnt for my friends and family in storm shadow. I cant really say what would "improve" or make the guild better. There is such a spread between vet and newb. Its gonna be a hard road for some time. Hang in there enjoy yourselves, be real.
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post  thamior Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:48 am

Zee I agree. I too feel a pretty deep connection to this game and I have to honestly admit that a big part of it is because of the people in our guild. Of course it is also the game it's self, the combat, content and all that. Before I joined Storm Shadow I was alone in the game and I really felt it (alone in Stormreach). I joined because "mom" had invited me. Suggestions Anyone Icon_wink I joined because for the first time I had heard people laughing and having a really great time as we were running together through quests. I remember how refreshing it was to feel lucky enough to be the healer for that group because it made me like the game that much more. They invited me to the guild and at that point, I just became in love being a member. Then something I did not expect, I noticed the generousity. Which make complete sense, and only enriches the guild and its members. I remember first encountering the generosity, and I felt like I won the lottery a few times lol (so to speak). I played more and began to understand that we really have some players that know this game very very well! Even if they are not exactly in every group I am in, I see them in the guild chat spreading the knowledge. People in our guild help others. I can't say exactly how many times people have deviated from thier plans to help me out, or how many times people have said "hey we got a few spots on this elite quest, who wants to jump in". It's been many times. I love that too. People in our guild are concientious of the other people in our guild. We have purpose. Not only do we strive to help the newer members, but we also have that cleric fund. I feel I have purpose to donate to that fund (knowing the expense of clerics). I completely enjoy doing that.
I agree with Strype. The game has to balance out. DDO has given us New areas, New levels, New loot, New people to the game, New store, how can I forget the new class (FS) etc etc... On one hand people want to run the Devil Battlefield, but at the very same time you want to roll a new toon because there are always 15 lowbie groups on the LFM. Or maybe your friends or children are playing the F2P now and you rolled a new char as a result to support them or you have not run the new training area yet and want to see what it is all about. I know I may be getting 2 of my buds from work to play, and my kids are playing now too. Everything in the game has been spread out. Not worse in an way if you ask me, but just more of what we all love. We shouldn't feel bad about missing out on one thing or another because we are all only one person and can not be everywhere at once. I too agree that I can/could will spend more time with the newer members. I also feel that this may be a GREAT time to run lowbies to scout for the type of guild members we are looking for. We got so many people who are in F2P and maybe there are some like us, who would buy the game and go Unlimited if they experienced who we are as a guild. I can tell you right now, that if I was in F2P and was not in the guild and ran with you guys even just once, I would probably be that guy who asks if I could friend you guys or something because I had a great time. Id like to throw it on the table, if not already, to consider the idea. Maybe if we prospect someone, we can throw the name out there so more people have chance to run with the person, which I have seen done. I like that idea. Just maybe we can pop a few great recruits like the ones we have recently. I think it is good to have a handle on recruiting to some level, but we have to keep the new coming in. There is occasionally people leaving or taking a break here and there. Bringing new people in would alleviate the losses. I guess all I am suggesting is to create a system for getting new people in that we all can relate/agree to.
Also I have looked at our calendar. There are birthdays on it, but what if we did static events that show up on the calendar? Meaning, example: Lowbie nights, Raid nights (midbie raids / high level raid nights) , hang with the newer guildies nights (or hang with people in guild you dont normally run with)night, Birthdays, maybe we could have a custom that everyone in the guild mails the persons main a "gift" no matter what it is. But if we could come up with ideas for which nights are reserved for which topics, then that would add more things to look forward to in the guild. Some will participate in some events and some wont. I remember we did halfling night. I did not do that, but it was nice to see we did that. (do we still?) It was kind of funny to see the fun people had running those toons together. Maybe a loot run day. A day to get people keyed for raids day....
I think the most important part in making a guild as good as ours is to keep sticking together. Keep seeking eachother out to run together. The easier we make that for everyone the better we become.
I love running with each of you, and often I can't wait to get home from work to play with you all.

Last edited by thamior on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
thamior
thamior
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeeria Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:33 am

Thanks for the posts guys. Wow Thamior, your ideas are brilliant and fresh. I love them all. When do we start? Suggestions Anyone Icon_biggrin
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:21 pm

Nice post thamior your words gave me the will buff to save on "wall of text" lol. Just kiddin bud I agree with what ya said thanks for coming back Suggestions Anyone Icon_biggrin
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post  thamior Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:12 pm

lol... that was a big post huh? I woke up this morning and just started typing!
thamior
thamior
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:55 pm

Pan wrote:Nice post thamior your words gave me the will buff to save on "wall of text" lol. Just kiddin bud I agree with what ya said thanks for coming back Suggestions Anyone Icon_biggrin

You just forgot to don your goggles of forum reading...

Or maybe we forgot to add spaces for paragraphs to separate thoughts...
Ok, now I'm just being mean
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:45 am

Strype McClaine wrote:
Pan wrote:Nice post thamior your words gave me the will buff to save on "wall of text" lol. Just kiddin bud I agree with what ya said thanks for coming back Suggestions Anyone Icon_biggrin

You just forgot to don your goggles of forum reading...

Or maybe we forgot to add spaces for paragraphs to separate thoughts...
Ok, now I'm just being mean

I guess you are taking a lesson from me on being mean. Stop it or I will give you detention!!!! Suggestions Anyone Icon_wink
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:47 am

Great ideas Thamior. I love the birthday one!

The only thing about putting things on the calendar is that a lot of the members of the guild don't check the website. This is a great resource for planning events, but it doesn't do any good if people aren't gonna read it. Word of mouth doesn't always work. I try to send people here as often as I can.
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeeria Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:49 pm

You will read it. I will read it. And I will encourage others to come to our website.
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum