Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Mortal Online EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Mortal Online EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Mortal Online EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Mortal Online EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Mortal Online EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Mortal Online EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Mortal Online EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Mortal Online EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Mortal Online EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Mortal Online

2 posters

Go down

Mortal Online Empty Mortal Online

Post  glassya Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:28 pm

Howdy. I hope everyone is doing well. I have been testing a game out called Mortal Online. It is going to be a great game, and they should be starting open beta in the near future. It is a full loot FFA game with an incredible crafting system. It is FPV and combat is really good. If any of you would like to try the game out, let me know. I'm not sure when the free open beta will be starting, but I'll keep my eye open. I am playing with a good group of guys/gals and use their vent server as Mortal Online does not have voice support. It is a mature game with the ability to run around in your birthday suit if you wish to.

glassya
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Back to top Go down

Mortal Online Empty Re: Mortal Online

Post  Pan Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:12 pm

How is the combat? I have tried a myriad of mmos and nothing has combat quite as fun as DDO. Not saying it doesnt exist but i havent found it yet. Is it just a pvp fest? whats the goals and storyline?

The gf is all excited about star trek online. I guess she is going to be a trill in the federation mini skirt uniform Mortal Online Icon_cool something about the spots going all the way up and down. Also i guess you can have a pet tribble non combat type thing only Mortal Online Icon_lol Ill let yall know when i find out more.
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  glassya Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 pm

I like the combat. Each character has 7 hit boxes. Head, Torso, Upper limb(left), Upper limb(right), etc. This means that whatever armor you have on that particular body part corresponds to the protection you are afforded if hit there. For instance, plate is good against slashing damage and less effective against blunt damage. If I was wielding a mace, and looked at your character, and you had a plate breastplate and scale everything else, I would aim for your chest. Conversly, if I had a sword, I would aim for anywhere but your chest. All weapons deal slashing and blunt damage, but in different ratios.

Blocking is a viable technique. If the weapon mesh of your opponent hits your shield or weapon mesh, you get a block. The combat has been slowed down to realistic speeds and stamina drain in order to maximize the effect of technique and strategy over button mashing.

It is not a PvP fest, as when you kill an innocent, you get a murder count. A murder count stays on for 20 hours. 5 murder counts, and you turn red. If a red dies, their is a stat loss penalty. Right now the stat loss is not in the beta, but it still is not a gank fest.

The crafting system is really intense from the gathering, refining and crafting aspects. We are still trying to figure this out in Beta. The Dev's have really borrowed a lot of good ideas from the old Ultima Online.

I will post here when the FREE open beta starts. It's a whole new experience, and this game delivers where Darkfall Online failed.

A coupl e of vids here...

Combat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8BErmmRpZ0&feature=related

Taming and Riding a Horse
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3upUxW0VY4c

It's going to be a great game.

glassya
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content