Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Open Recruitment? EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Open Recruitment? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Open Recruitment? EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Open Recruitment? EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Open Recruitment? EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Open Recruitment? EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Open Recruitment? EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Open Recruitment? EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Open Recruitment? EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Open Recruitment?

5 posters

Go down

Open Recruitment? Empty Open Recruitment?

Post  Indel Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:22 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this but here looks like a good spot.

I realize that I am new to the guild and compared to a lot of other guild memeber I guess you could say that I am new to the game. However I am wondering about "Open Recruitment". What does that mean? Because today I was pretty much put in my place and in not so many words told I didn't have an opinion as far as guild recruitment goes. So exactly what is the point in spending two days running with a player and then not even being able to get him a guild invite? Many of you don't know me and I know that I have yet to play with everyone but I can assure you that I wouldn't be asking for anyone to invite someone that I hadn't played with or that I didn't feel could help and be helped by the guild. When I first joined Storm Shadow I was told (and no this is not an exact quote) that the guild is always looking for new members and that if I ever ran with anyone that I felt might be a good fit I should ask any officer that was on to send them and invite. Well, I did that. I spent two days with a fairly new player who not only enjoys the game but is good at it. Then after I apparently stuck my foot in my mouth and asked him if he would be interested in joining our guild I couldn't even get him an invite. HOWEVER, my husband who is also on the recruiting war path for the Golden Horde AND the White Raiders managed to get him and invite and the 45 minutes that I spent debating with my husband to let me get him for our guild was an apparent waste of time. So now not only do I feel we lost what was potentially a great player but also feel that being at the bottom of the totem pole wasn't quite low enough so I got stuck under it. And yes.....I am venting. And yes...I would like to know exactly that the recruting policy is BEFORE I manage to get a mouth full of my own foot again.
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=10000056141601

Back to top Go down

Open Recruitment? Empty Re: Open Recruitment?

Post  nyth Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:59 pm

That sounds terrible and surprising that people didn't want to give the person a chance. Sorry to hear you were treated that way, seems way out of the normal for the guild...
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:05 pm

Indel,

I need to speak with you about this in game. I will look you up when I am on.

Olen
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:02 am

Let me be clear on this.

I do not want ANYONE hindering the recruitment process.

People only remain members in this Guild until we feel they are a good fit and are going to be active. It is my responsibility to make sure folks get promoted to officer in a timely manner and I have been slacking on this.

If a member has an interested candidate and your are an officer please help the member out with recruiting.

I am going to mark this up as a mis-communication and leave it at that.

I don't want have have a 1000 members, but it would be nice to log on at peak times and see 20-25 people on regularly. This would definitely improve our Raiding.

Thanks,

Olen
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:06 pm

Wow I am really suprised and upset to hear this. I would ask for a name but that would not solve anything except for me putting my foot in my mouth and believe me I have tasted enough of my own foot. Indel all I can say is please do not let this one instance give you the impression that the whole guild is like this. I think being that we are an adult guild all of us should be able to make a decesion on who to recruit. If the person, like yourself, is not an officer and you took the time to feel this person out (not that kind of feel) you should be able to ask an officer that is online and they should trust your judgement and recruit them. Non of us have been perfect on recruiting people, all of us have made some bad choices at times. In order to build a bigger and better guild we need to work together and to whom ever it may have been I say shame on you (slap on the wrist) now go to your room. Very Happy
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001501694253

Back to top Go down

Post  Grimple Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:46 am

Wow that does not sound like Stormshadow. I have seen toons invited that later on some of us wonder why where they invited (Hey they put up with me so I know they work with short bus types) but I've been in a few guilds and I've never seen one as willing to "work" with even the more challenging individualizes and give anyone of age a chance. I don't remember ever being turned down or turning down a request unless it was for a toon with a history of...bad behavior. Keep trying please.

Grimple
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:54 pm

I believe this issue is resolved. Let's consider this closed for now.
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down