Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Help for the lost guildie EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Help for the lost guildie EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Help for the lost guildie EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Help for the lost guildie EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Help for the lost guildie EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Help for the lost guildie EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Help for the lost guildie EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Help for the lost guildie EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Help for the lost guildie EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Help for the lost guildie

4 posters

Go down

Help for the lost guildie Empty Help for the lost guildie

Post  Zeeria Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:31 pm

I am thinking of the Hound raid Friday night. There were three of us that fell down a level and had a hard time making it back to the rest. Two of them I know were frustrated because no one was helping them out.

Just a reminder to us all to help a fellow guildie in need when they have lost their way. I am always thankful to those who have come back for me. Smile
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Help for the lost guildie Empty Re: Help for the lost guildie

Post  luciea Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:41 pm

Yeah, I feel miserable about that! I wasn't watching the little map window in the corner of my screen and hadn't noticed that anyone was lost. Had I have noticed, I would have either helped or commented to the party that someone needed help. That's something I always do, ask if someone needs help if I notice they were struggling. I had my own problems going on at the time, which might have caused me not to notice.

Again, I apologize to any and all who felt like they were left behind or allowed to go astray. I will endeavor to de a better job of making sure we make it as a group through to each checkpoint or quest entrances!
luciea
luciea
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  luciea Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:52 pm

I recommend this gets moved to the general forums or some other relevant forum. To me, this isn't off topic.

Also, to add to my earlier post, I agree with Zee that we need to do a better job, with guildies and non guildies alike, to make sure we're able to get through these quests and raids with satisfactory completions. If this means we remind each other to pick up the quest or to help someone find an entrance, then that's what we need to do. We in Storm Shadow are all leaders. We need to demonstrate that leadership to each other.

To make matters worse, not only did we lose some peeps before that hound raid, we had a disastrous raid in any event. We need to be more cognizant of our responsibilities to each other. That may mean we have to be more clear about roles in a raid or what's needed.

As expert as some of us may be, we still are capable of making mistakes. We can minimize these mistakes by taking the time to discuss what we need to do before we commence a raid.

Again, I apologize that I didn't take a bigger leadership role in Friday's Hound raid and I promise I will in the future.
luciea
luciea
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeeria Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:52 pm

Yeah, and I'd also say, if anyone needs help, speak up about it. Sometimes, we get interested in the conversations going on and miss what is happening to someone else. Until we see their hit points going down pale .

I for one want to help, yet I would make matters worse I fear. I'm always lost. But there are others that maybe know the quests better....

Thanks Luciea!
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:33 pm

I also try to watch out for others that seem lost or hp going down, especially when I am on my cleric. (Gotta watch those red bars!) The only problem is, I get hopelessly lost on my own. I can organize raids, but I cannot lead them. I don't know the quests well enough. I try to speak up and let others know that we left people behind, because there is no way I could find anyone on the way to the entrance to the hound. There are some areas that I am learning a little bit (Reaver's Refuge snow side). I need to pay attention to where I am going more often so that I can help lead if needed, it is just hard since my first character was a cleric. I wasn't really learning the quests since I was just watching HP.
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:34 pm

Oh and I moved this to General as you can tell Smile I agree it is not off topic.
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeeria Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:33 pm

I can relate with you Fayyth. I hope I can learn quests better so I can one day be familiar with how to help others through there and other quests. Our hearts are in the right place though. You too Luciea.
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeeria Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:13 pm

Yea, thanks for moving it to "General" Fayyth. I must have originally posted this after I posted to your vacation subject.

And I just wanted to comment on Lucieas post. It was a terrible Hound run (only my 3rd). Any idea as to why the small hound attacted our cleric Bellasong? We let our tank (chew toy) go in to get agro. We waited 3 seconds as directed by Strype before we followed. Then healed him for about 10 seconds or so from a distance. Why that one came our way after chewing on him for so long, I haven't a clue. Weird!
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:32 pm

Zeeria wrote:Yea, thanks for moving it to "General" Fayyth. I must have originally posted this after I posted to your vacation subject.

And I just wanted to comment on Lucieas post. It was a terrible Hound run (only my 3rd). Any idea as to why the small hound attacted our cleric Bellasong? We let our tank (chew toy) go in to get agro. We waited 3 seconds as directed by Strype before we followed. Then healed him for about 10 seconds or so from a distance. Why that one came our way after chewing on him for so long, I haven't a clue. Weird!

That one...
For one, never happened....
For two, Seriously, that one was just weird...
The three second, three second, three second, method, is verry sucessfull, most all of the time...
Agro is weird
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  luciea Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:08 pm

Be glad it's not like EQ. In everquest, if you heal too early, the mob will leave the tank and jump on the healer. That's how I learned to play cleric. Let the good guys get so low they almost die, then do a full heal. Tons less agro. In DDO, everybody wants every hitpoint healed the instant it's lost or they think you're a bad cleric. I'm happy they don't switch up the agro to the healer in DDO. Sometimes those dogs won't have the agro of the chew toy and will jump on the closest one to them, which can be the cleric. I've had it happen before. In that case, announce to the group (mainly to the chew toy) to get the dog off the cleric. Usually, a good tank will come over and pop an intimidate, which will pull the doggie.
luciea
luciea
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down