Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
I may be done ddo EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
I may be done ddo EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
I may be done ddo EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
I may be done ddo EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
I may be done ddo EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
I may be done ddo EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
I may be done ddo EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
I may be done ddo EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
I may be done ddo EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

I may be done ddo

+2
Fayyth
nyth
6 posters

Go down

I may be done ddo Empty I may be done ddo

Post  nyth Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:15 pm

I just got an email (after posting a comment in my trade thread) that said i was banned until 0/24/09, and as i was already pissed off by the way mod 9 was turning out im as good as done with ddo. Not to mention that after finding that i was banned for a whole month i was "somewhat" pissy in a reply email to them, further tearing me from chances of playing ddo again.

Ive got to say the last year of play has been a fun one, for the most part, and i know i will miss ddo, but im sure i can find other mmos to fill the void (at least until starwars comes out!!! most awesome game ever).

Hope to see you all again sometime, if not in ddo, in some other game
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

I may be done ddo Empty Re: I may be done ddo

Post  Fayyth Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:57 pm

Why were you banned? I was looking on the forums yesterday and there was a lot of posts about people being banned, just not sure why....

Hope to see you back.
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:38 pm

The Devs are on a rampage right now. Think about it before you up and leave Nyth. I don't know what you posted, but if you want to share shoot me a pm. Reconsider leaving for good. While I don't like all of what has happened with the direction of the game I think there may be a lot of positives in the new content.
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:21 pm

just to clearify im banned until 08/24/09, but it seems to me like turbine has lost their mind.
Why on earth would you ban mass amounts of people (guesstimate of 5000) 2 weeks before releasing a new mod? To me it would seem to make more sense to warn the people, and then ban them, or just fix the problem with the release of the new mod. Instead they ban people, which are now pissed off, most likey hating on turbine in as many ways possible because they now are missing mod 9s release and half of them are probably thinking like me and planning on not returning. The only thing i can think of is turbine is extremely cocky in that they will have a whole new wave of players when mod 9 releases and they couldnt care less about their exisiting players
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:15 pm

thats too bad nyth I hope you stick around awhile. Ive tried other games and none seem to be as good or better than DDO. Could you elaborate on why people are being banned or perhaps why you have been banned?

The new star wars mmo looks disappointing. The graphics are nice a sort of Heavy metal 80s era meets hanna barbara 80s era. While I like the look it doesnt have the "Star Wars" feel to it. Also blasters and luight sabers just bounce off the enemy until they run out of hit points im hoping to have games evolve beyond this guess ill keep waiting:(

The good news bad news of the week for me is a new mechwarrior game is on the horizon. Microsoft passed the rights over and finally after so many years a new game is coming. Sadly its not an mmo but at this point ill take anything im starving for some battletech action!
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:11 pm

heh.. like i said to morrek in a pm, i was rightfully banned. I am just pissed that there was no warning. What i did (for a good 2 hrs) was make a couple new characters and using an xp exploit got then to lvl 6 and 7. I did this about 2 weeks ago and got no warning of my ban, so I was extremely suprised when after a week off i come back to be banned.
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:26 pm

nyth wrote:heh.. like i said to morrek in a pm, i was rightfully banned. I am just pissed that there was no warning. What i did (for a good 2 hrs) was make a couple new characters and using an xp exploit got then to lvl 6 and 7. I did this about 2 weeks ago and got no warning of my ban, so I was extremely suprised when after a week off i come back to be banned.

An XP exploit on the live server or the test server?

Ok, started doing a little research on this one...
Wish i had known about it, I would have gladly taken a 1month ban to cap out a few more high concept characters, and likely would had capped out a barb even....

Oh well, such is life eh?
DDO is better when you take breaks any ways, consider it a blessing.
Go play some single player games, go read a book, come back in a month or so, but make sure you take off your subscription first, then re-sub when you get back
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:52 pm

now that you mention it that might not be a bad idea Smile ive been neglecting two pretty good handheld / console games: fallout 3 and ffvii crisis core, since last christmas because of ddo. this ban should give me time to get my moneys worth out of them.

hopefully strype is right and after this break ddo will be much fun once again, otherwise ive already found 3 current and upcoming games to possibly invest time in. World in Conflict, Mortal Online, and eventually Starwars

Until August 24th, have fun and good looting Very Happy
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Sat Jul 25, 2009 2:50 am

nyth wrote:now that you mention it that might not be a bad idea Smile ive been neglecting two pretty good handheld / console games: fallout 3 and ffvii crisis core, since last christmas because of ddo. this ban should give me time to get my moneys worth out of them.

hopefully strype is right and after this break ddo will be much fun once again, otherwise ive already found 3 current and upcoming games to possibly invest time in. World in Conflict, Mortal Online, and eventually Starwars

Until August 24th, have fun and good looting Very Happy
In every silver lineing there is a touch of grey.

Keep your ear to the fourms so you have a good idea of the state of the union,
and seriously, hand held rpgs for the win...
Ive been wasteing SOO much time with "The world ends with you" its almost been a psudo break.....
Man that game si good....
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  glassya Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:30 pm

Yah, I'm in the MO beta block A. Haven't been able to play much because it is a "true" beta, and the servers are down more than up. I think this game is going to be everything Darkfall was supposed to be. Think Oblivion as an MMO with the spirit of Ultima Online pre-trammel. The graphics are amazing even in beta. Some people may not like the full nudity aspect of the game, but the AO rating it will get will hopefully keep a lot of the kiddies away.

Don't know about DDO, but I think historically speaking, when something goes F2P with micro charge options, the game is normally on it's last legs.

glassya
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:50 pm

hmm, i tried to get in the beta but think i was a bit late applying, only applied like 2 weeks ago.
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  glassya Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:02 pm

Beta access is granted with a pre-order. After Darkfall, I was reluctant to pre-order a game, but the Dev's are really up front and honest about what they can and can't do.

glassya
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:21 am

glassya wrote: Don't know about DDO, but I think historically speaking, when something goes F2P with micro charge options, the game is normally on it's last legs.

Historically speaking how many games can you name off the top of your head that have gone F2P? Not that I doubt your thoughts on DDO being close to done but I cant think of any North American MMORPGs that are F2P that started out with a monthly fee.

Try as I might nothing can beat DDO right now. Let me know how your Betas turn out.
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:27 am

Pan wrote:
glassya wrote: Don't know about DDO, but I think historically speaking, when something goes F2P with micro charge options, the game is normally on it's last legs.

Historically speaking how many games can you name off the top of your head that have gone F2P? Not that I doubt your thoughts on DDO being close to done but I cant think of any North American MMORPGs that are F2P that started out with a monthly fee.

Try as I might nothing can beat DDO right now. Let me know how your Betas turn out.

1) Archlord.

But it suffers from lack of diversity and, well, kinda meh, ness.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  glassya Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:17 pm

Pan wrote:

I didn't convey my thoughts well with that statement. Games that get into trouble usually go to F2P with a cash shop. This does not necassarily mean that all games that go F2P are in trouble. Pirates of the burning sea. Huxley I think is going F2P. Not sure on Tabula Rasa and Hellgate London. Chronicles of Spellborne.

glassya
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Tue Jul 28, 2009 3:31 am

I thought hellgate london was completely over? I wasnt saying you were wrong I just dont know mmorpgs all that well aside from the most popular ones. F2P with the cash shop seems to be the wave of the future which sucks cause it allows way too many kids and jerks who have no investment or anything to lose.

I am wishing upon every star for a mechwarrior mmo but I think thats a ways out. Anybody hear anything about the Firefly mmo?
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:57 am

Pan wrote:I thought hellgate london was completely over? I wasnt saying you were wrong I just dont know mmorpgs all that well aside from the most popular ones. F2P with the cash shop seems to be the wave of the future which sucks cause it allows way too many kids and jerks who have no investment or anything to lose.

I am wishing upon every star for a mechwarrior mmo but I think thats a ways out. Anybody hear anything about the Firefly mmo?

As much as I love sword board and sorcery....

I think I would kill for either....
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:56 pm

Firefly MMO? I would try that one out. Very Happy
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:14 pm

never new about that mmo, sounds like googles got something to do with it though. Should be interesting to see what its like, that is if it comes out.

Also hows the beta of mortal online going?
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  glassya Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:26 pm

MO beta is rough. The first block is server stability, so when we log on, it's not for long. Server crashes and they have an 800 person cap. 2600 people are in the first block of beta testing, so it's a crap shoot. The time I have been in has been pretty cool. The graphics are great. The full nudity is a bit weird, as we don't have any clothes yet.

Here is a beta video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CZTIJ0MPrg&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.leakerz.com%2Fcms%2Fnews%2Ffirst-mortal-online-video-screen-leaks&feature=player_embedded

glassya
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:51 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-mechwarrior/52620?r=1

The movement is a step away from Mechwarrior 4 which i dont like much. Alot of folks complained it took too long to fight a mech in part 4. This reboot looks like its too quick. The graphics are a huge step up though.I really like how the weapons show heat dissipation and charging effects.

I thought mechs had pods the pilots sit in that launch into orbit upon ejection so the parachute was...strange. I wouldnt want to eject knowing that there is a good chance that the mechs reactor could go critical after destruction.

Looks fun though ill be picking up a copy. Has a four player co-op anyone else? If i ran into an Atlas in that guys mech though Id brown my trousers Shocked
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

I may be done ddo Empty Minor Break

Post  Strype McClaine Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:49 am

On the topic of giant robots.
I'm takeing a minor break from the game to ceatch up on an anamei that has been on my to do list.
G Gundam.

As a kid, Always wrote it off as 1) not part of the main MS series/timeline, 2) NOT WING
and called it crap.
Now I have the forsite to see it as more like a saturday morning giant robot show, filled with moments of pure badassery...
See you in a few days//on to raid
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:09 am

Strype McClaine wrote:On the topic of giant robots.
I'm takeing a minor break from the game to ceatch up on an anamei that has been on my to do list.
G Gundam.

As a kid, Always wrote it off as 1) not part of the main MS series/timeline, 2) NOT WING
and called it crap.
Now I have the forsite to see it as more like a saturday morning giant robot show, filled with moments of pure badassery...
See you in a few days//on to raid

SyFy has been running classic Gundam every monday at 11pm eastern. To be honest its been a long time since i busted out the Big O collection.There is another one out there me thinks its Appleseed but maybe im wrong. Not quite enough robot action but lots of the main character getting caught in teen girls pantie drawers!
Ah anime, so strange yet so compelling.
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum