Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Merry Christmas to all EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Merry Christmas to all EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Merry Christmas to all EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Merry Christmas to all EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Merry Christmas to all EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Merry Christmas to all EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Merry Christmas to all EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Merry Christmas to all EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Merry Christmas to all EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Merry Christmas to all

2 posters

Go down

Merry Christmas to all Empty Merry Christmas to all

Post  Morrek Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:33 pm

Merry Christmas to everyone in Storm Shadow! During the holiday season it's wonderful to be with family and friends, and I do consider the folks in the Guild as friends Smile

Although we all only know each other in a limited fashion I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you all how much I enjoy experiencing this game with folks like you. I know that the people I play this game with are one of the main reasons I'm still playing after 3 years:)

I hope you all have a great holiday and am looking forward to another bright year for our Guild. I hope we can continue to grow as a Guild and remain a respected and visible part of the DDO community.

Thanks to all members old and new for being a part of this fantastic experience Smile

... and thanks for all the festival twigs you bastages Merry Christmas to all Icon_lol
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas to all Empty Re: Merry Christmas to all

Post  Pan Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:01 am

Morrek wrote:Merry Christmas to everyone in Storm Shadow! During the holiday season it's wonderful to be with family and friends, and I do consider the folks in the Guild as friends Smile

Although we all only know each other in a limited fashion I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you all how much I enjoy experiencing this game with folks like you. I know that the people I play this game with are one of the main reasons I'm still playing after 3 years:)

I hope you all have a great holiday and am looking forward to another bright year for our Guild. I hope we can continue to grow as a Guild and remain a respected and visible part of the DDO community.

Thanks to all members old and new for being a part of this fantastic experience Smile

... and thanks for all the festival twigs you bastages Merry Christmas to all Icon_lol

Thanks Morrek. Thats a biggie for me too. Playing DDO still cause of my extended mmo family. Miss ya guys been too busy lately and really wanna get back on!

More bad news my computer is sick. I was trying to rid it of a virus and AVG "vaulted" some major system files now I have the awesome log on/off loop perhaps more aggravating than the BSOD. I am hoping to not have to do a windows recovery my disc only has SP1 on it Sad

In frustration tho I have resumed my lap top search. What do yall think of this lappy?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220635

Anyway happy holidays hope to see yall soon in storm reach. -pan
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:45 am

nice laptop. The specs should be sufficient for reasonable gamin expectations Smile

What kind of desktop do you have? Are you still on Win XP? I might be able to send you a recovery disc depending on the manufacturer.

By the way the first thing you always want to do is turn of the automatic restart on error in the advanced system properties.

Right Click on My Compueter

Select Properties,

Select Advanced

Select Startup and Recovery - Settings

Uncheck Automatically Restart
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Merry Christmas to all Empty Warning long story ahead!!

Post  Pan Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:45 pm

its an old PC I built about 5 years ago. I use win XP and have AVG antivirus, firewall, and anti-spy ware. I was checking my mail on 12/24 when I got a warning from AVG that i had threats. I contained them or so I thought. Next thing you know im getting those pop ups that say "computer infected download antispy ware and check your computer' My desktop background was changed to "your computer has been infected" when I control alt delete the task manager was blocked. I tried to with the run command pull it up but it wouldn't open got "this file has been infected and cannot be opened warning".

I made a copy of the taskmgr.exe and moved it to a new folder renamed the file panstaskmgr.com and was able to access the task manager again. (Thats a great trick by the way most viruses go after .exe files) Anywho I unplugged the net after some file named "jfhhdgdfk tried to access the net which I blocked. I tried to find the virus in the processes in the taskmgr and stopped a few deleted them but I couldnt clear everything. I gave up waited a few days plugged the net back in updated AVG.

Ran a deep scan with AVG after the update and unplugged the net. AVG found several infected files and a bad reg key. I should have known better but AVG wanted to "vault" the files and restart the computer and I said sure lets do that. After that the computer is now in log on/off loop and will not boot in safe mode either. Too much snow to deal with this today gonna have to come back to it.

I downloaded ubcd4windows and let me tell you its awesome! This boot disc is full of utilities I cant even begin to understand. Anyways it looks like it cleaned my registry and I am now able to boot back into windows normally. I am still not connected to the net yet I am running AVG full scan now. My desktop background still has the "your computer is infected" banner but im not getting the pop up windows anymore. From the boot disc I ran reg cleaner and pcezfix which deleted all the temp files.

So that where I am at any advice? More to follow -pan
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:44 am

Pan,

I'll link some good programs to use when I get a chance.

Spybot SD works well to remove malware. You can either install and run just to clean up your system or you can leave it on and take advantage of some of it's pro-active features.

CCleaner is a nice program from cleaning up your temp files and fixing your registry.
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:47 pm

Thanks Morreck i was able to clean everything up with UBCD4windows. I highly recommend this free download. You need a copy of windows installation/recovery disc to make the build but once you do this disc has everything.

www.ubcd4win.com
Pan
Pan

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:59 am

thats good to hear. I will ahve to check out that program.

See ya back in game.
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: