Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Saying Hello EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Saying Hello EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Saying Hello EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Saying Hello EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Saying Hello EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Saying Hello EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Saying Hello EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Saying Hello EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Saying Hello EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Saying Hello

5 posters

Go down

Saying Hello Empty Saying Hello

Post  Sneaky Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 pm

Hello all! Been awhile since I logged into the game. I was having serious issues with getting the game to load and after many trials and errors I finally got it working this last weekend. I have not played in over 6 months so I noticed so many changes that it may intrest me enough to play. I have a free account since I cancelled my account when I stopped playing and I am noticing I cannot access a lot of areas....

So everyone was asking what I have been up too - here is the short version lol....

Stopped playing mainly due to lack of intrest in the game - DDO felt like the same grind over and over again. Loved the people I played with, but the game just could not hold my intrest unfortunately. If everyone remembers I was stung 4 times by a scorpion and at the time did not have insurance so the doctor bills forced me to make some tough choices and DDO was one of them. I have been doing project work on the internet and set up my own business on the internet and this is what pays the bills. For fun I have been playing LOTRO - short description below of my MMO experiences Smile. Around the holidays I had a death in the family so wasnt interested in much and only recently started playing MMO's again. Before the Holidays my wife spent 4 months in Russia with my son and I ended up flying to Kiev for the last month to visit some of her relatives. Biggest challenge is I do NOT speak Russian lol.

DDO - love the game wish they would make a DDO2 with the new D&D rule set for the current one is boring grinding the same quest over and over and over and over and over again hehe.
WOW - tried this on a free account and hated it lol
EVE - ok game, but the wait times killed me lol
EQ2 - not bad, but very buggy
Star Trek - had the beta account when this released just recently - stopped playing after only 4 days - serious development issues - they released the game wayyyy too soon.
LOTRO - what can I say? Love this game, especially the PVP - the PVM content is just huge. I have 6 level 65 characters and have beaten every raid in the game. I play multiple monster characters on 5 different servers for PVP.

SWTOR - will not be released until 2011 now and I know multiple friends from many different MMO's who plan on playing this, me included Smile.

Anyway, thats it for the short version. I will probably be logging into the game only occassionaly mostly to say to everyone - would have done this sooner when they made it free play if I could have gotten the #%#% game to work! Saying Hello Icon_sunny
Sneaky
Sneaky
Forum Citizen
Forum Citizen

Back to top Go down

Saying Hello Empty Re: Saying Hello

Post  Fayyth Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:55 pm

Hey Sneak! Good to see you back on Smile Sorry to hear about your troubles. Hope to see you in game soon!
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:14 am

Heya sneak! Sorry bout your loses and troubles. Glad to hear you are keeping on though.

Maybe ill go over a few of my mmo opinions while we are at it.

My
gf just started Star trek online and i agree with you it seems like its
a lil too early. The graphics are way too cartoony but i knew that when
Cryptic announced they were developing it. I was really put off how its
a charge by month and already doing micro transactions. You have to
unlock klingons come on? Right now the game play just looks like a 'pew
pew' shooter game as well Sad

Eve
is really boring unless you have trained skills for over a year than
its really cool. So if you dont mind paying for it for a year and then
playing the game have fun Wink

SWKOTOR
from what ive seen doesnt look very 'star wars' to me. Ill give it
another look later on when its closer to release but im not really
digging the 'old' republic look of things. Has like a Hanna-Barbara
look which is fine for something else but this is supposed to be star
wars!

Diablo 3 really? looks like diablo 2 can we get a game here Blizzard folks that doesn't look like it was developed in 1997?

Then there is DDO. So far best community thats what really keeps me here Smile Also the combat system is far superior. oh how I loath the 'point click watch' combat system that rules the market.

Number
one on my wish list is a mechwarrior mmo. I wont hold my breath tho
since the rights were bought from microsoft yet the new developers want
to continue making console versions which is what sunk the franchise to
begin with. sigh Sad

anywho
welcome back ill see ya around if ya play thurs-friday. I haven't been
on too much spending alot of time on pen and paper gaming which is
cool. cya in stormreach!
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:31 pm

Heya Pan and Fayyth. I hope to be in game soon at least one night a week - probably wont be playing much but I at least want to see everyone. I generally play a lot of online gaming, and talk with friends through Ventrilo. If anyone does not know what this is, it is the BEST voice system for online gaming. It is a free download, requiring no money unless you want to setup your own server. I currently use 3 different vents for various gameplay and consistently talk with about 20 friends daily. Unfortunately it seems DDO missed this powerful tool for the most part - for other games it is a REQUIREMENT for raiding by different guilds and required for PVP.

Anywho, hope to see you all in game soon and Pan have you seen the Trailers/Development notes for SWTOR? It is going to be the 1st in many different categories for MMO's, including fully voiced. I am so glad that Lucasarts and Bioware are taking their time - this will truly be an epic game in my opinion. Dont get it confused with other one currently out there which is junk (Knights of the Old Republic) - check out the link below for the cinematic trailer - there are a lot more including devloper ones...

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/deceived-cinematic-trailer
Sneaky
Sneaky
Forum Citizen
Forum Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeeria Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:24 pm

Hello my friend! Gosh, it's been ages since we've heard from you so I'm thrilled you posted! I'm sorry to hear of the death in your family and my heart is with you. So awesome that you have your own internet business and I wish you the best financial success! I will look out for you to pop in once in a while. Saying Hello Icon_cool

Love, Zee
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  bacuus Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:45 am

yeah I've been watching SWTOR for about 2 years now I will definitely be there for beta. I'm an EQ2 vet and its a great game, great franchise, I just got bored. I am loving the changes they made to DDO so I'll be here at least until SWTOR comes out at which point you'll find me on Corsant cashing in on some bounties.

Sing with me:

My back's got jets..I'm Boba..the Fett, I bounty hunt for Jabba Hutt to finance my 'Vette

bacuus
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:19 am

Well sneaky the cinematic trailer isnt gameplay. I am stoked about the voice over work though. To be honest i expected DDO to have it. All games should at this point. Ill keep an eye on it maybe give it a try. I have faith in Bioware they make pretty good games.

DDO didnt 'miss' vent. DDO happens to have an in game voice chat system that works well enough not to have to run to a third party voip. Vent is nice if you play multiple games though. Has better volume control too. I have it i sometimes use skype too when playing eve not often though.

I dont know if i share your enthusiasm to try the new edition of D&D in an mmo. It might be interesting i guess to try and warm me up a bit to the system. However ive sold off my 4th edition handbook the next day after i bought it. Its just not D&D to me. However if pathfinder decided to work with a company to bring 3.75 to an mmo id be all over it.
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum