Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Medatateing on Monks EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Medatateing on Monks EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Medatateing on Monks EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Medatateing on Monks EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Medatateing on Monks EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Medatateing on Monks EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Medatateing on Monks EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Medatateing on Monks EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Medatateing on Monks EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Medatateing on Monks

2 posters

Go down

Medatateing on Monks Empty Medatateing on Monks

Post  Strype McClaine Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:25 pm

Monks may be an ingma to us all, save for our resident monistary dweller....
I have meditated upon them for a while, and like medatateing by a pond, I wait to see the reflections of others on this.

• Human - +1 Skill Per Level, +1 Feat, +1 to 2 abilities (enhancement), more Healing Amp.

The bennifit of human in this instance is to further incresee the power of his healing amplification, with both enhancement paths he can get more healing for less AP, and over all moderately fair stat distrubition. The skill per level can give you an edge by under developing the int stat. This is also the only race that can give...some bonus to wisdom in action points, so this could be best with a mystic style monk.

• Dwarf - +2 con -2 cha, +2 vs spells , +4 AC against giants (a large population in leveling)

Much like human, your not getting any grand bonuses, but sadly, you gain nothing from, Action Points. But A solid choice for a strenght monk, it would make the mid levels steller, agianst giants in giant hold, trolls, ect ect ect.

• Halfling - -2 Str, +2 Dex, +1 AC, +jump, Sneak attack actions

The str penlity gives you something of a much minor starting block (a 12, being the point equivlent of a 14) the sneak attack bonuses make up of it. This is by far the premere monk race, and it is truely hard to justifiy doing anything other than it.

• Warforged +2 con, -2 wis, -2 cha, + Imunities, +Docets, + Immunities

Warforged is a intresting case for monks. A bit of healers freind, a bit of healing amp and you become much easyer to deal with as a party member. Light side seems verry intresting for suffiency, dark side seems like giant fists of doom.
Hasted power sun stance is just about the power of wind stance, but with a bit more ki, specialy if you could couple it with a docent of quickening. Heres the downside, your wis is low, thus you wont be able to instakill fist much, or anything that is massively save dependent. The monk's overlap of imunities does seem weak, but you still have, yet the other awesome immunties, and with proper doceting you can have the same amounts of AC.

• Elf/Drow +2 Dex, -2 Con

If you know me, you know I love elves as much as I like warforged. I can honestly say, I find no benifit to the more pointy eared races, as apposed to the halflings.
Stealth enhancements seem better, but then is it nessary.
Drow could take advantage of a shruken action points, but why.

=========================================================

Finely perplexed by they racial combanations, I looked to the stars, and was intreged by the abiltiy, shining star, a level 20 monk clicky of auto's dance, with assumeing a DC 30 will save (because, I shall be kind enough to say the monk had found a minor cha item that had something signifigant on it)
Does this minor glimmering star in the sky even find use, is it usefull.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Medatateing on Monks Empty Re: Medatateing on Monks

Post  nyth Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:24 pm

shining star is epic in epic von 1, hits the trolls like 90% and hobgolbins 70%, thats with a 10+20+4, 34 dc.
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:33 pm

nyth wrote:shining star is epic in epic von 1, hits the trolls like 90% and hobgolbins 70%, thats with a 10+20+4, 34 dc.

Starting with a +6 cha, and then base 8 (or if you can somehow steal a cha tome, ect)?

Can you find any good reason to play an elf monk, trying to preserve the flavor?

After scouring the fourms, i found nothing, BUT i did find that the drow scorp PrE is causing rumblings of drow monks, but this shows me that elves are the race that benefits the least from the class.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:56 pm

no elf and drow make the worst monks sadly, because as a elf or drow your mostly likely finese, therefore wind stance. This means your taking a -4 con penalty before you even get started, which really sucks. And I cant think of any positives at all that come from elf, maybe the +2 cha for drow? but thats only at lvl 20, and your still gimping your hp.
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:05 am

Looking back at my response makes me face palm. I suppose elves could be fine monks if built properly, just would have to go water stance or something other than wind.
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum