Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Where are all the players! EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Where are all the players! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Where are all the players! EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Where are all the players! EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Where are all the players! EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Where are all the players! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Where are all the players! EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Where are all the players! EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Where are all the players! EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Where are all the players!

+7
Morrek
Smackim
Pan
glassya
Indel
nyth
Franzonator
11 posters

Go down

Where are all the players! Empty Where are all the players!

Post  Franzonator Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:27 am

Come on all you players log on and lets get together and talk about what we need to make the guild bigger and better! We can set up a raid meeting and discuse what each of us expects or desires. Let us know and we shale become strong again! Twisted Evil
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100001501694253

Back to top Go down

Where are all the players! Empty Re: Where are all the players!

Post  nyth Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:15 pm

No kidding, this weekend when i was on there was normally 3-4 people and a max of 7 one time
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Indel Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:51 pm

I've had ISP issues but now have that worked out. I'll be back in game by tomorrow.
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=10000056141601

Back to top Go down

Post  Indel Tue Jan 25, 2011 12:32 am

mmmkkk.....I lied. I'm still having ISP issues. If anyone could goof up installing a new modem it would be ME and I did it. So let me change my previous statement by saying......after I call AT&T in the morning and they take an hour ( or more) to explain to me (like a 3 year old) what I did wrong and how to fix it THEN I will be back in game. You know...if computers were are easy as getting a manicure I would be giving Bill Gates and Michael Dell a run for their money.
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=10000056141601

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:33 pm

Well looks like the only thing to do is give up Crying or Very sad
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  glassya Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:57 pm

Well, maybe it's time to try a new game out. I wouldn't suggest the game I'm playing (Mortal Online) because it's pretty hardcore, and in a state of development(indie company).

Rift is coming out soon, and it is very polished, and I hear good things about it. Unfortunately, I can never go back to a theme park game after playing sand box, but you may want to give it a try when it releases.

Maybe a couple of the "more well to do" players can try the game out and let the rest of the guild know what they think Smile

Having a multi-game community is also healthy for a guild. You would need to get on a voice chat server. I'll post my info here and set up a Storm Shadow channel. Anyone can use it anytime so they can hang out and not have to be grouped up in the game to chat. Smile The server is mostly empty, as I have just left a guild in MO and started one with another guy. We only have 5 members, so there is plenty of room for you Smile

Download Mumble here------> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/Mumble/

Mumble info:

Mercatores Omnia:
Address: 216.52.148.10
Port: 5970

glassya
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Back to top Go down

Where are all the players! Empty Miss yall

Post  Pan Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:01 pm

Hey gang sorry I haven't been around. I started doing tabletop again and its really scratched an ich I've had for a long time. DDO kind of took a turn at the free to play junction. I have been having trouble getting into the game. I am not blaming free to play but the whole legal fight and timing of everything was just too long for me. I waited forever for new content and when it came it wasn't interesting for me. I need some time off for the game to grow a bit so i dont burn all the content out so fast.

I do understand where Glass is coming from though. I have been playing Eve which is sandbox orientated. when I am bored there is always something else to try or do. If anybody ever comes around let me know Ill send you some iskies Very Happy

This isnt a goodbye letter its more of a time out for me. I realize the timing might be bad sounds like things are really slow Sad Miss yall though and hope to be back some day right now I cant say when ill try and not be such a stranger though and at least log on to bs with yall once in awhile. Cool
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Pan wrote:Hey gang sorry I haven't been around. I started doing tabletop again and its really scratched an ich I've had for a long time. DDO kind of took a turn at the free to play junction. I have been having trouble getting into the game. I am not blaming free to play but the whole legal fight and timing of everything was just too long for me. I waited forever for new content and when it came it wasn't interesting for me. I need some time off for the game to grow a bit so i dont burn all the content out so fast.

I do understand where Glass is coming from though. I have been playing Eve which is sandbox orientated. when I am bored there is always something else to try or do. If anybody ever comes around let me know Ill send you some iskies Very Happy

This isnt a goodbye letter its more of a time out for me. I realize the timing might be bad sounds like things are really slow Sad Miss yall though and hope to be back some day right now I cant say when ill try and not be such a stranger though and at least log on to bs with yall once in awhile. Cool

No worries Pan, it is what it is. We miss ya but I can say right now I could use some good old table top gaming myself. I have my box full of dnd items and wish I could break them out and play. Nothing like rolling the die or dice to see how a spell worked or if you hit your target. I have an old crit and fumble chart my old DM used on us and remeber the funny shit that would happen to us on a fumble, losing an ear, foot or arm or hacking a fellow adventures arm off if they were too close Laughing . Come back when you are ready bud.
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Where are all the players! Empty Hey Franz

Post  Smackim Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:03 am

I actually don't even remember the last time I played. I think it was when Water Works was a new quest. On the serious side, I'm similar to Pan. Just burned out of the game and the new content didn't intrigue me enough to bring me back. I think the last time I was on I spoke to Luciea and came to the understanding that what I wanted to do (raids and epic) wasn't necesarily what most in the guild wanted to do. Mix that in with game burn out and you get someone that hasn't played in 6 months. Maybe if they bump the cap to 25 I can run all my 20's with you guys as you march to 25. Of course you'll TR and I'll leave again but I'd be back for a bit. Have fun, I'll tell Zee to say hi to everyone for me. Don't drink the Grog from the "One Ear Bugbear In", I still can't get rid of this rash.

Smackim/Sauul/Snufff/Slashh/Dreemweaver/Splatterr/Aladrin.......and on

Smackim

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:59 am

Smackim wrote:I actually don't even remember the last time I played. I think it was when Water Works was a new quest. On the serious side, I'm similar to Pan. Just burned out of the game and the new content didn't intrigue me enough to bring me back. I think the last time I was on I spoke to Luciea and came to the understanding that what I wanted to do (raids and epic) wasn't necesarily what most in the guild wanted to do. Mix that in with game burn out and you get someone that hasn't played in 6 months. Maybe if they bump the cap to 25 I can run all my 20's with you guys as you march to 25. Of course you'll TR and I'll leave again but I'd be back for a bit. Have fun, I'll tell Zee to say hi to everyone for me. Don't drink the Grog from the "One Ear Bugbear In", I still can't get rid of this rash.

Smackim/Sauul/Snufff/Slashh/Dreemweaver/Splatterr/Aladrin.......and on

Hey Smack good to hear from you buddy. I can understand your reasons for not playing. A lot of people like to start their toons over for the reason of getting burned out on high level adventures. Some TR and others, like myself, just roll up a new lowbie to change it up a little. There are not a lot of us on all the time, except for last night when we ran our non-tweaks, which is pretty fun when someone is asking you for the +1 chainmail or +1 greatsword you just pulled, lol. I sometimes just run a quest that no one runs just to change it up once in awhile. We all have our reasons for playing and not playing anymore. We look forward to seeing you if you log on and understand if you don't.

and the witchdoctor said that is not a rash..........
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:22 am

Good to hear from you Smack. Come back when your ready Smile

I think most of us would like to run more Guild Raids, but unfortunately our numbers have not supported easily filling Raid groups.

Part of the problem is for every 4 people we add to the Guild only one sticks. The main reason for this is that we are a very veteran tight knit group of players who don't run with new members as much as we should. I know I have been guilty of this. I see a lot of players that we initially recruited now running with other Guilds. Occasionally we get someone who clicks instantly, but other than that it's tough to keep new members.

In a game like this a Guild can't be static. Between RL and competing games it is difficult to maintain a large group of active players. It is necessary to continually add new blood. Unfortunately to do this it requires running lower levels characters to meet these new players and making these new addition feel as if the are part of the group.

I will not stoop to mass recruiting tactics. I am not interested in quantity over quality. I do think we need to do a better job of retaining those we do recruit though. I am open to any suggestions on this.

Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:13 am

Smackim wrote:. Don't drink the Grog from the "One Ear Bugbear In", I still can't get rid of this rash.

The one eared bugbear inn, ale, lodging, and transport to storm-reach within
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:11 am

I don't really have much time to play. I am trying to log on Thursdays and the weekend to play, because I have class MTW, and have to do my homework too. I've kinda gotten burned out on the game too. I've been running my rogue just for something different and it is fun. Smile Hope to see y'all this weekend. Smile
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Franzonator Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:02 am

This is just me but I think a lot of people get burned out because they do the same things over and over againe. There are a lot of different adventures that no one runs, maybe they are short or different but they equal xp and a change of pace. Like doing the dragon raid this Sunday is good because we have not done it for a long time. Its just me but maybe if you change up what you do it may take the boredom scale down just a little.
Franzonator
Franzonator
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeeria Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:26 pm

As you have seen, I enjoy raiding still and haven't gotten sick of it...yet. I pug these because of the time differences between us. I can't make it on before 7:30/8:00 PST or I would raid with the guild more often. I will continue to get on as often as RL allows. See you then.
Zeeria
Zeeria
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sneaky Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:50 am

Wow I havent even looked at this forum in like over a year. Everyone is echoing how I feel about the game and it just does not hold my interest anymore however I may login occasionally when I am home unless they fix Rift. DDO is the same grind over and over again with no real variety which is where I lost interest. Started playing Rift yesterday and the lack of servers for Rift is annoying and the 4 hour wait to get in is even more annoying so hopefully they will fix it. I still mainly play LOTRO but am l looking forward to SWTOR later this year which hopefully lives up to all the hype. I do not get a chance to play very much anymore since I started a new job over a year ago. I took up Truck Driving so I am only home about 3 days a month which really cuts into my gaming lol. Anyway just stopped in to say Hi and let everyone know I am still around. Gotta leave later today for another tour of the country, but may login when I return.
Sneaky
Sneaky
Forum Citizen
Forum Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down