Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Introducing... Higurashiii EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Introducing... Higurashiii EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Introducing... Higurashiii EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Introducing... Higurashiii EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Introducing... Higurashiii EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Introducing... Higurashiii EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Introducing... Higurashiii EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Introducing... Higurashiii EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Introducing... Higurashiii EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Introducing... Higurashiii

+2
Morrek
materia user
6 posters

Go down

Introducing... Higurashiii Empty Introducing... Higurashiii

Post  materia user Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:30 am

Hello all, I'm the new guy. I'm sure you remember me falling into the lava during our introduction run...
At least it's amusing... I'm not sure for who yet... but it's amusing.

So a little about me:
I've played a decent amount of other MMO's, Including but not limited to:
Guild Wars (still play it occasionally - I'm used to the controls of this vs DDO.)
Diablo 2 LOD (quit that a long time ago, but was fun while it lasted.)
Runescape (also quit a long time ago.)
Lots of Facebook games which I still play...
there's more but lots of things were only tried briefly... Like Maplestory.

I did play DDO once upon a time long ago, but suffered the same problems in terms of controls, I'm hoping to get a Gamepad which will hopefully remedy these things. If not I'm sure with time... and/or tinkering with the control setup will get me there. I didn't get far back then... went from korthos to harbor to marketplace and then stopped, so that's all I really experienced. I was playing a sorcerer back then and I believe it was on a different server as well.

In terms of real life, I enjoy Acting, Poker and Anime in my free time. At the moment I have lots of it since i'm unemployed, but hopefully that doesn't stick for long. I plan to also go back to college when I can.

So that's me in a Nutshell, feel free to ask me anything you like.
materia user
materia user
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Introducing... Higurashiii Empty Re: Introducing... Higurashiii

Post  Morrek Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:57 am

Welcome Hig Smile

You should only feel bad about falling in the lava if you are still doing it after 3 years of game time Smile

The controls get easier. I picked up a merc stealth keyboard which has a movement control section.

Merc Keyboard

We need to get you main leveled so you can run the higher end content. Once you get to 12 or so I would start a second lower level character. It's good to have a characters spread across the levels to make it easier to get groups.

Read the Guild Policies when you get a chance (Link in menu bar) .. pretty straightforward stuff.

If you run with someone who has interest in joining the Guild and is 18+ let an officer know and we can contact them.

Next up Dragon Raid Smile Now that your flagged we will run von 5 and 6...

Olen
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:27 pm

Do fayyth and I need to show him the ropes of lava swimming? Very Happy
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  materia user Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:42 pm

Morrek wrote:Welcome Hig Smile

You should only feel bad about falling in the lava if you are still doing it after 3 years of game time Smile

The controls get easier. I picked up a merc stealth keyboard which has a movement control section.

Merc Keyboard

We need to get you main leveled so you can run the higher end content. Once you get to 12 or so I would start a second lower level character. It's good to have a characters spread across the levels to make it easier to get groups.

Read the Guild Policies when you get a chance (Link in menu bar) .. pretty straightforward stuff.

If you run with someone who has interest in joining the Guild and is 18+ let an officer know and we can contact them.

Next up Dragon Raid Smile Now that your flagged we will run von 5 and 6...

Olen

Looking forward to that dragon raid... especially if it's the same one as the one I saw in a youtube vid, where big dragon blows fire at you, and everyone hides behind a rock... it doesn't look as complicated as jumping on a platform!

That keyboard is nice, and looks cheap as well. I'm on a labtop though (built in keyboard.) so I was thinking more like some USB plugin type of thing.

I actually have 2 family members that play this game, my dad and uncle... unfortunately though they wouldn't want to join our guild, They are in a guild with just the two of them (I was in it before I joined here...) It's not as much fun as you might think having family play though - we argue over stupid things and even if you guys became terrible somehow I wouldn't be going back to that guild.

other than that I'm a bit of a loner in the game since I know i'm rather noobish sometimes, and I don't like to be be that noob in the team that doesn't know the quest and gets us all killed. I did chronoscope with a pug and that was the most and best partying I did. that being said we had to go in the quest twice and I'd be lying if I didn't say I died the most.

I also have about 9 chrs already made as I want to give each class a chance, but I've only really played the fighter your seeing and a Warforged who dreams of being a Pale Master someday who I think I might re-roll because I think I spread the him too thin on trying to do the necromancy stuff along with CC as well as fire/ice and is going for 2 rogue for traps and evasion....
materia user
materia user
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:04 pm

One thing for sure is that this is not a Guild where people give you grief over mistakes. Although we have some excellent players we all make noob mistakes from time to time. I always say that some of the best times in the game are when things go wrong Smile

As I told you before we all pug alot and solo alot too so dont be afriad to mix up your game when you fell the need Smile
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:03 am

Just feel free to ask for help.
Advice.

Thats what we are here for, its a brotherhood//family in this guild....

Also, I had a merc stealth for a few years, it was a great board.
I upgraded to a much more standard razor keyboard, and the response is pitty drastic. Its made me alot faster, but in other games, ddo I still have my about 5 hotkeys, and everything else is just mouse work.

Also, I used to be known as a lava swimmer, when people were afk, I searched for the nearest pond of lava to float in, but thats back when fire resist 30 covered everything
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:09 am

Welcome Higurashii. Go bard the ultimate DDO experience!

What type of anime do you like? I have some interest mostly in the western friendly stuff like cowboy bebop, Trigun, Ninja scroll. The GF likes Inuyasha but then again whose doesnt?
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  materia user Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:49 am

Pan wrote:Welcome Higurashii. Go bard the ultimate DDO experience!

What type of anime do you like? I have some interest mostly in the western friendly stuff like cowboy bebop, Trigun, Ninja scroll. The GF likes Inuyasha but then again whose doesnt?

I have wide variety of animes that I like actually. My favorite is Higurashi Wink

Yep my names based off of it. It's a Mystery/Psychological/Horror combined with... cute-kidlike representation. It contrasts really well, I think that's why it works.
I've seen all of Inuyasha and Most of Bleach, Cowboy Bebop, all the mainstream stuff, which is why I have strayed into anime's only available online. There is quite a few good ones that never came out in America.

Higurashi is a good example... on the other end of things I like drama's Like Clannad. A good Sci-Fi mystery anime I know is Ergo Proxy... so a little bit of everything for me, as long as it has interesting and Believable characters, I'm probably going to like it.

A warning if your going to check out Higurashi: It's violent, don't let the animation fool you. (If violence and getting scared is not your cup of tea, then I won't take it personal if you don't watch it.) The first four episodes will undoubtedly shock you and make you have a million questions by the end of it.
once the fifth episode starts you will be severely confused, because they don't answer anything. The Answers don't actually come until the second season... this is intentional in order for you to try and make you think/figure it out yourself. Of course you have to endure the first season first, or ruin it for yourself and watch the second season.

I don't recommend the Eng dub, unless you just dislike subs.
materia user
materia user
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:59 pm

Once you go bard, its hard to not compare your other classes to it
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:16 am

nyth wrote:Do fayyth and I need to show him the ropes of lava swimming? Very Happy

LOL! I can lava swim with the best of them! Even after playing for 3 years!! Wink

Welcome to the guild Higurashiii. I'm sure you'll hear a lot of bad things about me, some of them may be true Wink. Hopefully I'll see you this weekend when I log on.

Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  materia user Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:24 am

Strype McClaine wrote:

in a good way or a bad way? from what I can tell of the bard they do a little bit of everything but master nothing in particular which i'm not saying is a bad thing. As I mentioned earlier, I plan to make one of everything and give it all a decent try. I even have planners saved for every class, just need to do my homework, and also see what other peeps in the guild tend to play so I know what you seem to need the most etc...

I'm thinking of making a Halfling bard going for about the best buffs you can get with the Halfing companion thing... I'm just trying to figure out if I should go Warchanter or spellsinger (I've heard Virtuoso isn't so great.)

I have lots of builds saved up but for caster classes especially, I think I'll wait a little longer to play them since they seem to be more clicky intensive, and I tend to be slow/forget/etc, at least until I get myself a gamepad... There's plenty of other classes to try out in the meantime. Very Happy
materia user
materia user
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

Post  nyth Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:30 am

Fayyth is more nice than she will let you believe, besides being a grammar notzi (an planar shards ftw)
nyth
nyth
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:41 am

materia user wrote:
Strype McClaine wrote:

in a good way or a bad way? from what I can tell of the bard they do a little bit of everything but master nothing in particular which i'm not saying is a bad thing. As I mentioned earlier, I plan to make one of everything and give it all a decent try. I even have planners saved for every class, just need to do my homework, and also see what other peeps in the guild tend to play so I know what you seem to need the most etc...

I'm thinking of making a Halfling bard going for about the best buffs you can get with the Halfing companion thing... I'm just trying to figure out if I should go Warchanter or spellsinger (I've heard Virtuoso isn't so great.)

The bard is great because there are so many ways to play one effectively. The spellsinger is the ultimate party buff bard. You get extra spell pts to use to throw haste/displace/rage/cure spells. The warchanter is the ultimate raid addition to the party. You can DPS the boss and trash mobs while adding to the entire party the same buff along the way. The Virt is often misunderstood and not really appreciated. With the addition of songs the virts strength is in its ability to fascinate. This makes the virt an excellent solo artist you fascinate the room and pick em off one by one!

Pan is the halfling bard of greatness! Tales of his valor are sung all over Stormreach especially in the Salty Wench Cool
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Thu Feb 17, 2011 1:32 pm

Pan wrote:
materia user wrote:
Strype McClaine wrote:

The bard is great because there are so many ways to play one effectively. The spellsinger is the ultimate party buff bard. You get extra spell pts to use to throw haste/displace/rage/cure spells. The warchanter is the ultimate raid addition to the party. You can DPS the boss and trash mobs while adding to the entire party the same buff along the way. The Virt is often misunderstood and not really appreciated. With the addition of songs the virts strength is in its ability to fascinate. This makes the virt an excellent solo artist you fascinate the room and pick em off one by one!

Pan is the halfling bard of greatness! Tales of his valor are sung all over Stormreach especially in the Salty Wench Cool

To take it a step further, with the recent changes. Virt becomes a second healing aura, giveing a constant slight heal, with incredible crowd control songs. The Virtuoso shines when when you are dabbling in a second style, so it becomes a stong generalist style.

Then with the recent spell singer changes...
You will never run out of mana........ever
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: