Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think.....

2 posters

Go down

You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... Empty You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think.....

Post  Indel Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:23 am

Anyone know if there is any benefits to TRing a cleric into a favored soul?
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=10000056141601

Back to top Go down

You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... Empty Re: You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think.....

Post  Strype McClaine Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:09 am

Mildly.
You gain +1 caster level when it comes to conjuration spells (aka: healing), so your healing spells, will be slightly more potent.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think..... Empty Re: You know I hate putting topic titles, it makes me have to think.....

Post  Indel Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:36 am

ok so I guess in theory if you TR a sorc by doing a sorc,wiz, wiz back to sorc line you get a better DC (This is my understanding but not really sure if it's a fact or not) SO with that being said would you gain anything by doing the same with a cleric...say cleric, FS,FS, back to cleric line? If that even makes any sense.
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:57 pm

Indel wrote:ok so I guess in theory if you TR a sorc by doing a sorc,wiz, wiz back to sorc line you get a better DC (This is my understanding but not really sure if it's a fact or not) SO with that being said would you gain anything by doing the same with a cleric...say cleric, FS,FS, back to cleric line? If that even makes any sense.

Sortof. They each gain diffrent effects.

Sorc
Each time you acquire this feat you gain +1 to the DC's of your Evocation spells and gain 20 additional spell points.

Wiz
Each time you acquire this feat you gain +2 to spell penetration checks* and the DC's of wands you use.

What people do is they take 1 life of wizard to get spell penetration, and then get the feat: Past Life: Arcane Initiate.
It requres past life wizard
You have +1 to the DC's of spells you cast and can cast the magic missile spell ten times per rest, creating a missile of magical energy that darts forth and unerringly strikes its target inflicting 1d4+1 force damage. For every 2 caster levels beyond first you gain an additional missile, maximum 10 missiles.

So when they go Sorc, Wiz, Sorc
They have +1 evocation, +20 sp, +2 spell penatration, +1 to all DC's, Clickies of magic missle.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conversly, lets look at the fvs and clr past life abilities.

Cleric
Each time you acquire this feat you gain +1 to the DC's of your Conjuration spells, +1 Turn Undead attempt per rest, and you Turn Undead as if you were two levels higher.

(feat you take)
You have +2 to your Heal skill, and can produce a Healing Word effect five times per rest. Positive energy is channeled to heal light wounds of your target or damage undead for 1d4 hit points plus an additional 1d4 per two caster levels.

FVS
Each time you acquire this feat you gain +1 to spell penetration checks and gain 20 additional spell points.

(Feat you take)
You have +2 to your Diplomacy skill and can call down the wrath of your former deity, producing an Avenging Light effect ten times per rest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Neither are SUPER powerfull to stack with each other. The cleric, could be used somewhat aggressiveness if you wanted to get more turns and cast more offensive heals. Implosion is the other conjuration spell, so it would be stronger.

Favored soul stacking, spell penatration and spell points. Again, Meh
Neither of the extra feats you take are verry potent so, they dont really get much better.
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Indel Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:04 am

Ok that makes sense. I really would like to TR my cleric so I might try out FVS just for the heck of it then. I really don't want to be without a healer on my list. Thanks Strype!
Indel
Indel
Forum Commander
Forum Commander

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down