Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
WF Evasion Wizard EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
WF Evasion Wizard EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
WF Evasion Wizard EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
WF Evasion Wizard EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
WF Evasion Wizard EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
WF Evasion Wizard EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
WF Evasion Wizard EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
WF Evasion Wizard EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
WF Evasion Wizard EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

WF Evasion Wizard

+2
Fayyth
Ranadinn
6 posters

Go down

WF Evasion Wizard Empty WF Evasion Wizard

Post  Ranadinn Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:39 pm

Well, there was no wizard post and it's my favorite class so I figured I'd do the honors. Razz

A lot of people wonder what the difference is between wizards and sorcs beside the facts that wizards get fewer spell points overall but more spell options and why someone would opt for wizard over sorc. I think that if you're any race other than warforged, sorcs probably have it over wizards. But if you're a warforged, the choice is simple. Wizard!
Both classes have their strengths I'll outline what I think are the positive benefits for being a wizard.
1. Bonus feat.
Yes, wizards get a bonus metamagic feat at level 1 that sorcs don't to show their higher skill level in casting.
2. Insightful reflexes
If you put 0 points in dex you will still have an endgame reflex save of 31-33 if you take this feat because it uses your intelligence to determine the save.
3. Insightful reflexes + evasion + int skill bonus points
If you take two levels of rogue somewhere between levels 12 and 16 you'll get something like 40 skill points to distribute on any rogue skills of your choice. Recently my wizard became able to disable all traps in elite meridia quests and fails on a roll 3-5 in elite monestary of the scorp depending on the trap. Evasion while getting reflex bonus from your int is pretty much awesome as well.
4. Big DCs
wizards usually focus on DC effect spells like finger of death, flesh to stone, etc. and will land them more often than a sorc of equal level. Wizards have to not use so many instant damage spells like fireball, disint, etc. and use area dmg over time spells like firewall, acid fog, to make up for the spell points that sorcs have over them.
wizards usually focus on getting the highest spell penetration and DC while sorcs would be wise to equally amplify their natural bonuses of just having scads of spell points at the cost of not having very high dcs and spell pen.
In order to play a wizard you have to know when to use a disintegrate, and at what intensity. The flashy sorc will bombard the world with a slew of fireballs and still have some spell points left for a haste, wizards have to know when to turn empower off and do just enough dmg to kill a red named skelleton to conserve sp.
basically, this reflects use of intelligence over charisma but i just think of it as a disadvantage.
5. being a warforged caster
being a warforged caster is freaking great. you're immune to all hold spells, flesh to stone, neg levels, etc. etc. AND you get to use scrolls to heal yourself. It's like cheating. seriously.
6. soloability
Not only is high intelligence required in many group quests for many things from runes, to reading the writing on the wall, if you don't have high int and try to go somewhere like, oh, the subterrane, you will not be going very far due to the inability to pull the runes yourself.

What kind of stats should i put into my WF wizard?
Max int, try to max con. If you have a couple points left over, put them in wisdom.

Ranadinn
Forum Noob
Forum Noob

Back to top Go down

WF Evasion Wizard Empty Re: WF Evasion Wizard

Post  Fayyth Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:02 pm

Good info to have. I still refuse to play warforged until they allow them to be HOT PINK! Smile
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Pan Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:15 pm

Fayyth wrote:Good info to have. I still refuse to play warforged until they allow them to be HOT PINK! Smile

You best be rolling a female WF then because there are pink docents out there Cool
Pan
Pan
Guild Fund Treasurer and THREAD KILLER!

Back to top Go down

Post  glassya Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:24 pm

I think that the Male WF have pink docents too Smile

glassya
Forum Warrior
Forum Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post  Morrek Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:34 am

I think this build is going to become even more dominant after DDO Unlimited is released. For those willing to spend this build will now have the ability to raise itself, and have an unlimited mana pool.

I'm going to build one just to try it out....
Morrek
Morrek
Guild Leader
Guild Leader

https://stormshadow.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:38 am

Wizards should only come in the following flavors.
Warforged: Self Healing.
Halfling: Dragon Marks + Metamagics = It seriously works, and works well
High Elf: Most amount of mana for a wizard
Drow Elf: Highest DCs for a wizard.

As far as true Max mana goes
Waforged: Normal
High Elf: Normal + 60 Extra Action Points
Halfling: Normal + Dragon Marks (Well over 1,000 mana if metamagic are used)
Drow Elf: Normal + 29 (for 2 points higher Int)

With all that being said, the best two choices are
Halfling and Warforged
Both are self healing.

Done Deal.
Wizards are always, for the win
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down