Storm Shadow
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Some Truth

Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:53 pm by Strype McClaine

I'll keep this short and breif.
After quitting ddo to travel and work, and not playing for many months.
I doubt I will be returning.
I love you all, but I feel like my course is complete with ddo.

Comments: 2

neverwinter online

Thu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

its erorgot here and just letting those know that i am beginning to play neverwinter online. its currently in beta but i will be building a guild with our namesake. so if anybody is planning on …

Comments: 0

Erorgots back

Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:12 pm by Erorgot

hello everybody Erorgot is back Smile i know most of you dont remember me but i used to run with this guild a long time ago. I recently came back to the game and am looking for a home so pst in game …

Comments: 1

Latest topics
» Some Truth
Green Steel Crafting EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 10:46 am by Strype McClaine

» Anyone interested in another MMO?
Green Steel Crafting EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:19 pm by Erorgot

» neverwinter online
Green Steel Crafting EmptyThu May 09, 2013 5:17 pm by Erorgot

» recent bugs?
Green Steel Crafting EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 6:37 am by xhume

» Erorgots back
Green Steel Crafting EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 9:46 am by Morrek

» Sobering News
Green Steel Crafting EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 10:10 pm by Erorgot

» Dealing with real life
Green Steel Crafting EmptyWed Oct 17, 2012 1:14 am by Pan

» Login Workaround
Green Steel Crafting EmptySat Jun 16, 2012 10:18 am by Morrek

» eventful night...
Green Steel Crafting EmptyThu May 24, 2012 6:47 am by Morrek

Green Steel Crafting

3 posters

Go down

Green Steel Crafting Empty Green Steel Crafting

Post  Fayyth Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:18 pm

I was looking through the brag thread and just noticed how awesome Ezzie's helmet would be for my cleric. I don't even know where to begin crafting something like that. How do you even make a green steel item. I know that at each alter in the shroud you can add different "tiers", but how do you make the actual item?? I would like to make a helmet for Fayyth that is just like Ezzie's. Help please. Very Happy
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Green Steel Crafting Empty Re: Green Steel Crafting

Post  Sneaky Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Green Steel Crafting was not exactly easy for me to figure out. I have found the link below to be the best, in my opinion.

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/index.php

I will try and explain since I spent literally weeks going through this since no one could explain it to me: 1st pick an Item or Weapon you would like to make - since you want a helm choose Helm under Item. Next Choose the altar you will be using. You make all Green Steel items in Meridia at the Alter under it (Fecundity). Click on 'How do I craft this item'. A couple of tables appear - the 1st is how many ingredients you need to make the item and the 2nd titled "Altar of Fecundity (Meridia)" is how to combine them.

On the 1st Column (Far Left) you need 4 itmes. As you progress to the right from each item this is what you need to place into the Altar to craft each item.

EXAMPLE: Violet Taper

Ingredient 1 = Locust Husk
Ingredient 2 = Lily Petal
Ingredient 3 = Glistening Pebbles
Ingredient 4 = Chipmunk Funk
Ingredient 5 = Energy Cell

Energy Cells are purchased from the guy beside the Altar. Place one Locust Hust, one Lily Petal, one Glistening Pebble, one Chipmunk Funk, and one Energy Cell in the Altar then activate. After activiation you should have a Violet Taper in your Ingredient bag/Inventory. Repeat for the next 3. Notice there is an "Alternate Recipe" for creating the Wondrous Jewel - you see a different mix of ingredients to create the same thing. Basically instead of using Glistening Pebbles you can use a Green Briar Twig.

To create your helm place the Filaments of Toil, Wondrous Jewel, Violet Taper, Signet Stone, and Energy Cell in the Altar and activate.

NOTE: To create a Green Steel Item you must have a Signet Stone. These are made from a stone out of each of the 5 quests within the Vale. It is the EXACT same stone you create to become shroud ready so keep all these from the quests for they bind.

Hope this helps explain it. I am still trying to determine the different Shroud recipies and will not craft anything in the Shroud until I am comfortable with it....

I have made 3 Green Steel Items to date (Bastard Sword, Dagger, Necklace) so if anyone needs help catch me when I am on and I can help walk you through it. I do not have many ingredients but will help with what I have. I am sure others have quite a bit for crafting Green Steel - the Shroud is a totally different story...

FYI - In order to craft my Rapier I need a Large Splintered Horn from the Shroud Chapter 4 or 5 which is VERY hard to get and eventually I will get one - I am in no big hurry.
Sneaky
Sneaky
Forum Citizen
Forum Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Wed Dec 31, 2008 6:30 pm

Apparently Goggles would be the best thing for Fayyth since I don't have anything good. All the stuff on that list looks familiar, I'll have to look in my ingredients bag. Thanks sneak!!!!
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:31 pm

So I have my goggles made, now I just need to upgrade them.
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:16 pm

Now then, making an exsastnetal stalemate I (and later II) item is great, remember that verry easly, their is another, more different and potentially better cleric gear is readly avalble in the Hound of Xoriat, expecialy iff combined with armor made in reavers refuge
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

http://splicedintelligence.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:06 pm

Well sounds like maybe I need to run the hound since I have never ran it.
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:12 am

Here is what I'm talking about when I mean the hound loot for clerics. (Loot names are links)

• Lorikk's Champion - (Shield) +5 Large Shield (Base Dmg: 1d12), Panacea (CL:9, 2/rest), Lorikk's Champion, Eternal Faith
  • Lorrik's Necklace - (Necklace) Lorikk's Champion, Wisdom +6, Wizardry VI, Efficient Metamagic - Empower Healing II
If you can craft in the Reaver's reach, a set of armor with Lorikk's champion on it (with soverign runes) it becomes a whopping Superior Devotion 8 set bonus (If you have, all 3 pieces on that is) . That may be a large 3 item set, but it does alot, of things, specialy with the number of customization on your Armor and the possiblities you can get....

Try going Acid/Acid/Acid or Air/Air/Air with your shroud item, something other than wizardry on the first teir, and then the spell point upgrades the rest. If you use UMD, the air 3x will give you a +5 bonus and haste clickies, and other goodies, while tripple acid, will get you some of the best free pets you could ever ask for
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:11 pm

Fayyth said, "I was looking through the brag thread and just noticed how awesome Ezzie's helmet would be for my cleric. I don't even know where to begin crafting something like that. How do you even make a green steel item. I know that at each alter in the shroud you can add different "tiers", but how do you make the actual item?? I would like to make a helmet for Fayyth that is just like Ezzie's. Help please. Very Happy"

As I understand things, you have the goggles made and now you're ready to upgrade. Here's your recipe for my hat/your goggles:

PART ONE:
You will need the following Small ingredients:

3 small devil scales
2 small glowing arrowheads
1 small gnawed bones
2 small infernal chain
3 small sulfurous stone
1 small twisted shrapnel
1 shards of power
5 low energy cell (if you have a depleted cell, you will need to first charge it by combining with an item that is +3 or 4ish).

Once you have raided the Shroud (or other guildees backpacks Laughing ) for these items you are ready to craft at the altar of Invasion (Shroud #1):

STEP ONE: You will place: 1 small devil scale/1 small sulfurous stone/1 small twisted shrapnel/1 small infernal chain/1 low energy cell into the altar --> click it and you will have a cloudy gem of escalation (will go into your ingredient bag, probably).

STEP TWO: You will place: 1 small devil scale/1 small sulfurous stone/1 small gnawed bone/1 small glowing arrowhead/1 low energy cell into the altar --> click it and you will have a inferior focus (positive) (will go into your ingredient bag, probably).

STEP THREE: You will place: 1 small devil scale/1 small sulfurous stone/1 small glowing arrowhead/1 small infernal chain/1 low energy cell into the altar --> click it and you will have a diluted essence of ethereal (will go into your ingredient bag, probably).

STEP FOUR: Now you're almost finished! Place the cloudy gem, the inferior focus, and the the diluted essence of ethereal on the altar. Add a Shard of Power with them, then click!!! You have a Shard pee. LOL

STEP FIVE: Place the goggles, the shard pee (what you made in step four), and a low energy cell on the altar, and then click!!!!! You have your first upgrade!

PART TWO:

Keep raiding the Shroud (and those backpacks)!!!! For your second upgrade you need:

2 medium devil scales
2 medium glowing arrowheads
3 medium infernal chains
3 medium sulfurous stones
2 twisted shrapnel
5 medium energy cells (again, you may charge depleted ones with an item rated +5 - +7ish).

Now, to the CRAFTING cheers !!!!

STEP ONE: You will place: 1 medium devil scale/1 medium sulfurous stone/1 medium glowing arrowhead/1 medium infernal chain/1 medium energy cell into the altar --> click it and you will have an essence of ethereal (will go into your ingredient bag, probably).

STEP TWO: You will place: 1 medium devil scale/1 medium sulfurous stone/1 medium twisted shrapnel/1 medium infernal chain/1 medium energy cell into the altar --> click it and you will have a gem of escalation (will go into your ingredient bag, probably).

STEP THREE: You will place: 1 medium glowing arrowhead/1 medium sulfurous stone/1 medium twisted shrapnel/1 medium infernal chain/1 medium energy cell into the altar --> click it and you will have a focus of negative (will go into your ingredient bag, probably).

STEP FOUR: Now you're almost finished! Place the essence ethereal, the gem escalation, the focus negative, and a Shard of Great Power on the altar, and then click!!! You have a Great shard nee (go figure!!!)!

STEP FIVE: Add the Great shard nee, your goggles, and a medium energy cell to the altar and then CLICK!!! You now have successfully upgraded your item TWICE!!!!! bounce

After you complete these two steps, you will Ezzie's hat upgrade on your set of goggles! Happy questing, looting, and crafting!

Cya, Ezzie

Back to top Go down

Green Steel Crafting Empty Fayyth's Goggles

Post  Strype McClaine Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:11 pm

To finish the goggles I laied out for you fayyth

*********************************************************************************************************
* Tier 3 Upgrade Section *
* Altar of Devastation - Shroud Part 5 *
*********************************************************************************************************

Positive/Stalemate - Escalation - Ethereal
+100 sp, +3 Cha Skills , Concordant Opposition: When attacked, chance (~1%) to gain hps or spell points.

Gather These Raw Materials (From Shroud Part 4 & 5 Chests):
4 - Large Glowing Arrowheads
1 - Large Gnawed Bones
5 - Large Infernal Chains
5 - Large Devil Scales
3 - Large Twisted Shrapnel
6 - Large Sulfurous Stones
2 - Shards Of Supreme Power
10 - Shavarath High Energy Cells From: Chests Within the Shroud, or the Vendor in Part 3

Power - Depleted Shavarath High Energy Cell With +8 to +15 Weapons (Combine Weapon & Energy Cell on Alter)

Create - Superior Focus Of Positive
Combine: Large Glowing Arrowhead, Large Gnawed Bone, Large Devil Scales, Large Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create - Superior Focus Of Negative
Combine: Large Glowing Arrowhead, Large Infernal Chain, Large Twisted Shrapnel, Large Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create 2 - Flawless Gem's Of Escalation
Combine: Large Infernal Chain, Large Devil Scales, Large Twisted Shrapnel, Large Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create 2 - Pure Ethereal Essences
Combine: Large Glowing Arrowhead, Large Infernal Chain, Large Devil Scales, Large Sulfurous Stone, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create - Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Positive)
Combine: Superior Focus Of Positive, Flawless Gem Of Escalation, Pure Ethereal Essence, Shard of Supreme Power, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create - Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Negative)
Combine: Superior Focus Of Negative, Flawless Gem Of Escalation, Pure Ethereal Essence, Shard of Supreme Power, Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create - Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Positive/Stalemate)
Combine: Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Positive), Imbued Shard of Supreme Power (Negative), Shavarath High Energy Cell

Create Final Item - Greensteel Goggles With Wizardry VI, +1 Int Skills, +50 sp, +2 Cha Skills - +6 Wisdom, +10 Diplomacy, +10 Haggle, +100 sp, +3 Cha Skills - Concordant Opposition: When attacked, chance (~1%) to gain hps or spell points.
Combine: Greensteel Goggles(With Tier 1 & 2 Upgrade), Imbued Shard Of Supreme Power (Positive/Stalemate), Shavarath High Energy Cell
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Fayyth Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:18 am

I have 2 of the 5 scales needed for my last upgrade. Smile I love that the shroud runs are getting easier for me.
Fayyth
Fayyth

Back to top Go down

Post  Strype McClaine Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:33 pm

If it is ANY consolation...
Holy AND Robo are both awaiting for the same goggles to be finished...
Shotguns keeps asking for me to finish his bow...
And Elans thinks that he might just want a green steel weapon to round out his gear....

It relay gets easier with time
Strype McClaine
Strype McClaine
Raid Boss
Raid Boss

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down